New Beta WinMX 3.52

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Get the new beta version from here:
http://dld91.winmx.com/7285373/winmx352beta2.zip
And read about the proposals for the programs roll out and final test here
http://www.winmx.com/beta/beta352.html

Today has been a very good one . :P
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can't believe it. This is one amazing day :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Its been tested and has a few wrinkles but it looks like its gained some speed :) , and the hosting interface has this amazing muzzle feature ( guess how I found out). A bit of the a learning curve but familiar.
For a list of commands see here:
http://www.winmx.com/beta/wpnpchannelcmds.txt
Bacon
Boo, or Boo-urns?
Boo, or Boo-urns?

I think the biggest performance boost will be the next beta release, can't think of the number off the top. But it has some major Primary user and WinMX protocol upgrades.
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

That May Well turn into a two edged sword Bacon. After reading some of the supposed enhancements I was worried that the present type of semi anonymity is going to be replaced with something not so good ...
The start of this thought is the plan to have permanent hotlist , and also I dont think joe public likes having to program a bot to do any decent hosting..maybe turn this into a support module with a G.U.I, makes more sense to me .
solarloon
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

This is good news indeed :shock:
It seems like the big changes will come with 3.55 and 3.6.
I agree with quicksilver, i hope the perm hotlist wont sacrifice any privacy/security. Seems like i remember an interview with K Hearn where one question that was asked was in regard to expanding the whois function; his answer was in the negative for privacy concerns, so it would stand to reason they are aware of this in the creation of a perm hotlist.
The elimination of the AFS/AEQ is one aspect of how they intend to eliminate the q problem? Lastly, its curious there is no mention of the 4.0 that was due out last november, hmmmm.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't think 4 will come out anytime soon, I believe they will continue with the development 3.x

I have no idea how they will eliminate the queue problem, I can't see a BitTorrent method working with WinMX, but maybe increase the Auto-Start to a few megbytes for users with Cable and upwards, while 56kers still have the 36 kb Auto-Start :?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Ok Folks another Beta (3) from frontcode.

http://dld91.winmx.com/7285373/winmx352beta3.zip

http://www.winmx.com/beta/beta352.html

Thats the address to watch and read about it all. :D
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

:D :D :D

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Freezmizer
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

exit button in channel when hosting has confirmation
I could have used that feature about 100 times. :wink:
-- Ha Ha Charade you are....... --
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Yet another one .. :lol:

http://dld91.winmx.com/7285373/winmx352beta5.zip

First none now one a day :D
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourites List!! :D

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I conducted a few tests recently and have to say when it comes rooom hosting its not very user friendly, also the facility to view a persons IP is important to me. Previously I have been able to do that using the RCMS system . All the commands available need to be on a menu instead of having to consult a paper document and I think that there just too many trivial comands in use ,thats my opinion. What does anyone else think?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think there are too many commands that aren't important, to me, it looks like they are trying to make an IRC style chat protocol, and I don't like IRC :lol: :(