Audacity

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

This program is freeware and it kicks major ass.

It allows you to open any audio file and be able to fully control and edit, and enhance. I've been using it to restore some vynl LP's. You can edit each sample of the audio.

There's many features, some i havent used yet. You can download the program at http://www.donload.com.

There might some issues with it in vista, but not sure if it is between the program and vista or the program and vista and certian sound cards, my board uses the Realtek HD Audio Chipset, so if you happen to have a similar configuration that I do let me know if you have glitches when recording from line in when using this program in vista. That's the only thing I've found is that sometimes the recording sometimes doesn't quite sync up and becomes glitchy.

You can export audio to WAV, MP3 (you have to have the LAME Mp3 encoder and point the program to the encoder), and OGG Vorbis.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Agreed, Audacity is a kick ass program.

I haven't used it recently, but I used it earlier this year to make that compilation song competition which moongirl won. I have no idea where the file is now though :?

What I would love to find, is a video equivalent of Audacity. I have looked for months to find a free video editor, but have found absolutely nothing :?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone

cheat and download adobe premier? i forget what its called i used to have it and the download mysrteriously became currupt...