Happy 3rd Anniversary

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It is hard to believe 3 years have really passed since I opened this forum. Those that were here at the very beginning, such as Grinch, Moon, Tune, Nes and some of the other former WCC members that occasionally drop by will remember we didn't use to have the name CricketMX.com, but rather we had "battye.jmstacey.net". The same host infact, that wanabe had his site hosted on for quite some time.

The forum has had its ups and downs. This is a story which I'm sure you've all heard at some point... but I'll tell it again :lol:

In the first few months, I tried to install a Flags program I found at phpBB. Needless to say, being quite inexperienced at this whole forum thing, I installed it incorrectly, and partially killed the forum. In hindsight, losing 71 posts wasn't as earth shattering as I thought at the time. But then again, it's never nice to lose important data, and at that point it was probably about 20% of all of the posts! In terms of phpBB and MOD's, I progressed a long way since that point. I tried my hand at writing PHP code late in 2004, and have got to a stage now where I'm pretty confident with I write. Early this year, I was invited to the phpBB Support Team, which was and still is one of my greatest achievements in the world of forums.

I think what makes this forum so special, is how close we are as a group. We all get along very well. We've never had fights or major disagreements, and we welcome new people with open arms.

So I'd like to thank everyone for sticking by the forum, including through the rough times (not that there has been too many!).

And to the moderators, Moon and P2P, and our administrator Grinch, thank you for the hard work you have put into keeping this forum clean. Especially when we were bombarded with spam registrations, I know it was tough to track down and delete those members Grinch, and very boring and tiresome to delete those spam posts, some of which weren't very nice in nature, Moon and P2P. I should also point out, that if it weren't for our members continually posting in the spam bot thread, it would have been much more difficult!

So thanks to everyone, and I look forward to celebrating our 4th anniversary this time next year! :D

Oh by the way, I was trying to think of a good challenge to set everyone. How does this sound: "for every word you write with your pens, you must make a post" :D :lol:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

3 years? Where has time gone?

Another thing about teh humble beginnings of CricketMX was that it had nothing to do with WinMX or filesharing at all. If memory serves me it was about an HTML editor called CricketMX.

http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.p ... tml+editor
http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.p ... tml+editor

I remember when Battye's hosting was suspended for a BT Tracker we had set up. I think the tracker was live for a couple of hours before the host shut us down :D.

I remember joining the HTML team and trying my hand at web design. I wish I still had the old layouts I made. I have progressed greatly in the art of web design.

I remember the fallout between us and winmxcommunity.com/filebreech.com and how they tried to "steal" me away from CricketMX by offering me a moderator position.

I also remember the fallout with WCC and Boozy and all of that retarded drama.

Then of course the fallout with some of those at WinMXWorld.com who used to be valued members here.

Oh the wonderful times we have had. Here is to 3 more awesome years.
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

3 down, about a million to go. :)

Hearing about jmstacey makes me wonder what old Jon is up to these days.

It's cool to take a look back at how things have progressed here.
p2p-sharing-rules

8) Congratulations Battye on having the forum up for 3 year. :cheers: :drinkers: :supz:
your welcome mate & thanks to the forum members for reporting spam when the forum was bombarded by spammers. :wink: :)
I'm looking forward to celebrating the forum/sites 4th anniversary next year. :D
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

Sometimes when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes when you are worried... no one sees your pain.
Sometimes when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But fart just one damn time ...
(¯`·._.·[GUEST 601]·._.·´¯)

smile you're on candid camera Image
pokesthelippyfish
Fsh
Fsh

I'm glad to be a part of it ... thank you everyone :)
If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
moongirl

Sorry I am so late. Congratulations Battye, Grinch, Peter P. and the whole Cricket Team.
Who would have thought that it really would become... a Cricket Team :wink:

I really enjoyed that walk down memory lane.
We really do have the nicest people here at Cricket, and I mean it.
Thank you.
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

Jon's still doing is mark87 crap.

Yeah about that time in 2004. I think Vuples was making filebreech.com. I think I had already had my site up for a while and I was still hosting with jon. I don't exactly remember how or what got you into this, and at the time I was doing my own thing.

Let's not forget jon's historical post on WinMX Community:
kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa...
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

wanabe wrote: Let's not forget jon's historical post on WinMX Community:
kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa kazaa...
I had forgotten about that. :lol:
People around me are now wondering what's so funny.