where's the link to make a quiz?

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

exactly that. I'm either blind or there isnt a link to submit quizes...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

You're blind :lol:

http://forums.cricketmx.com/quiz.php (It's at the top of all pages, and at the top of the Ultimate Quiz MOD Forum), go to your desired category, and click Add Quiz.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone

oh it's the images with the x
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
beatlemanu
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi,

I installed the latest Ultimate Quiz Mod, but after I install one quiz in a category, the "Submit quiz" button disappears. I didn't see any errors on the page or anything, and I can easily add categories, but only one quiz to each. Have I overlooked something?
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else.

Cheers.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It will still be in the top right, next to the link to Statistics :)

halfwing2
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

beatlemanu wrote:Hi,

I installed the latest Ultimate Quiz Mod, but after I install one quiz in a category, the "Submit quiz" button disappears. I didn't see any errors on the page or anything, and I can easily add categories, but only one quiz to each. Have I overlooked something?
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else.

Cheers.
Hi there,

I'm missing this too.

First, there is an icon missing from the file I downloaded. The icon_new_quiz.gif is not in my download.

Second, there is something goofy because after I added that icon to the */templates/image file, it still doesn't show up.

Finally, there is text missing from my quiz pages:

CLICKY

I remember seeing the text link to view statistics, but now it's gone.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

John

*edit*

This is getting weirder..............

I've been going through everything to make sure I didn't miss something and a fresh download from HERE does not include two files:

*/templates/*/quiz_cp_multiple_choice_body.tpl

and

*/templates/*/quiz_cp_true_false_body.tpl

Where did I get those files? Image
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

You aren't getting confused between the old and new versions of this MOD are you? :)

halfwing2
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I don't know what I've got battye.

This is from the installation text in the phpBB download: MOD Version: 1.2.0

Would you pull it down from HERE and make sure it's complete? I just pulled it down again and the icon for creating a new quiz is missing and so are two of the files.

Like a said above, I went ahead and created an icon and placed it in the */templates/*/images folder along with the mini icon and it's still not displaying.

I'm not sure where else I would have gotten those files because the link on THIS page isn't working. Did something change the zip file at phpBB?

Curiouser and curiouser.....................
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

This was only part of the 1.0.x package. In 1.2.0, to submit a quiz, you click the Submit Quiz link :)

halfwing2
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

What we're trying to tell you battye, the link to create a new quiz is only there for the first quiz created in a catagory. After that, there is no link to creat a quiz.

Check it out HERE.

I may have screwed something up, but I've rechecked all the edits and all the files that are supposed to be there are exactly where they're supposed to be.

What about these two files that are missing from the download?

Code: Select all

*/templates/*/quiz_cp_multiple_choice_body.tpl 

and 

*/templates/*/quiz_cp_true_false_body.tpl 
I'm pretty sure that I pulled the zip file from the phpBB forum and nowhere else. Where did I get those two files?
halfwing2
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Any idea on how to fix this?

It's still not showing the option of creating a new quiz within a catagory.

Thanks,

John
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Could you create a test acct. please, I get:

"You do not have the required permissions to access this category. It is restricted to registered members only."

halfwing2
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Ooops....

User name = TEST
PWD = 1234765

Please forgive the mess. The online button maker I used to use isn't working properly any longer and I'm trying some new things with the radio buttons.
halfwing2
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Here's a screen shot of the quiz_category_body.tpl:

Here's the code from the tpl file. Shouldn't this be href or nav or something?

Code: Select all

<table width="100%" border="0" align="right">
	<tr>
		<td width="50%" align="left" valign="middle" height="10">
			<span class="genmed"><a href="{U_INDEX}" class="nav">{L_INDEX}</a></span>
		</td>
		<td width="50%" align="right" valign="middle" height="10">
			<span class="genmed"><b>{U_STATISTICS_LINK}&nbsp&middot;&nbsp{U_SUBMIT_QUIZ}</b></span>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>