Shoutbox mod... Please Help

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Daggers
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi,

I have just installed your Shoutbox mod and it works great.

BUT, there is always a but, I am using the Black & White theme which uses white text on a black background. The colour of the text box within the shoutbox is so light that you cant see the text when typing I need the text box to be darker.

I can install the boards and mods but thats about as far as my knowledge goes, so your help would be greatly appreciated. Is it in a css file somewhere or is it somewhere else???

I don't want to take the shoutbox off when there may be an easy solution.

Please help

Many thanks
Daggers
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi, can I see your forum so I know what I am dealing with? Cheers :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Daggers
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks for the quick response.

http://cenobitewarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php

The forum can be found at the above address.

Cheers
Daggers
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

No problem, I registered, but you still need to activate me :)

By the way, don't forget to say hello in out Introductory Forum: http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewforum.php?f=25 :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Daggers
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Ok mate, activated, I will visit your introduction forum too

:lol:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, I see the problem.. well, rather.. I don't see the problem :lol:

If you can wait a few minutes or so, I'll give you a few things to try which should fix it :)
I will visit your introduction forum too
Nice 8)

Daggers
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

No problem, I aint going anywhere at the minute. It's 6.50am and cold outside so I'm staying put!!! :) :)

Daggers
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, open your index_body.tpl file, and find:

Code: Select all

<input type="text" name="shout" length="50" maxlength="255" /> <input type="submit" value="{L_SUBMIT}" />
Now replace that little section with the following:

Code: Select all

<input type="text" name="shout" style="width:450px" tabindex="2" class="post"  length="50" maxlength="255" /> <input type="submit" tabindex="5" class="mainoption" value="{L_SUBMIT}" />
Let me know how it goes :)

Daggers
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

You're a star mate, many many thanks, its also made the text box larger which is great.

:lol: :lol:

Much appreciated

:wink:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad you like it, and glad it's working for you :)