error encountered

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

barney_rubble
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi, i tried once before to install the mod (1.0.6 i believe) with little success, so when i saw there was a new version out there i decided to give it another go.

This time i had more success, there are however one or two problems.

I can add quiz's and categories this time around (which is more than last time), but i get an error once i submit my answers after taking the quiz.

This is the error message i encounter.

Code: Select all

An Error Occurred

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE quiz_id = '1'' at line 1

Line : 165
File : functions_quiz.php
I assume it is down to an error i encountered during the SQL section of the installation, the quiz_play_once part was the only one that was red.

I took a look in the database and the line was already present in phpbb_config, it did however have the value 'on' rather than 1 as the error lead me to assume was needed. I altered that accordingly, not sure if that was right or not though. haha

If you have any idea about those things please let me know, i am sure the quiz mod would be warmly welcomed by my members.

Thanks
barney_rubble
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

No ideas... anybody?

Oh well.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I believe that this may have been covered before, I think I posted a fix at http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz.php
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
barney_rubble
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Cheers, that seems to of fixed that error, but now i seem to be having another.

I am not recognised as a quiz moderator, i tried to add myself in the acp but it is not working. I tried adding my username, i also tried adding my user ID number.

Any ideas about this one? I appologise if this has been covered as well.

EDIT: Well it seems now that i do have mod control over the quiz section BUT i can only delete/edit the quiz once i am taking it... if i have it set to allow a user to play only once it will not let me go back in to alter things later.

Is there a way around this without constantly altering the settings to allow more than one play?

And while i think about it (this is getting quite long, sorry...haha), to add a mod do you add their username or user id number?

And how do you then remove them?

I really want to get this sorted, seems like a great mod other than these few small problems.

EDIT2: (i may quit while i am behind)

If a quiz is deleted after it has been played, then another is made it uses the previous ones ID and will not allow the person that previously played it to play again.

Fixable?

Thanks
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

For your EDIT2, yes, it will be fixed in the next version.

Your EDIT1: To add them, add the id. To remove them, remove the id. :)

:)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
barney_rubble
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:Your EDIT1: To add them, add the id. To remove them, remove the id. :)

:)

Well i sort of assumed that it would be a simple thing, the only problem i see is that it is not actually saving the id in the box in the acp, everytime i go back in it is blank.

Sort of says to me that it is not adding the info to the SQL correctly, which is odd because i totally reinstalled the mod after manually removing all the SQL changes and i had no errors, all the SQL updates seemed to add correctly this time.

Very strange.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

That is odd, so it is working now after a complete reinstall? Or did you update to the latest Alpha during the reinstall?

barney_rubble
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

It is working ok more or less, and I am using the latest release.

All i am now having trouble with is the mod id's not staying in the acp, so i can't remove them... and i am not even sure it has added them.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

That sounds like a browser, autofill, setting.

barney_rubble
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Just tested in FF, IE and Opera and all browsers show the same thing.

Also, i have a meta tags system installed that does not share the problem so it leads me to think it is not an autofill issue.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you use Categories Hierarchy?

barney_rubble
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Nope, i posted a list of things i have installed the last time i tried installing the mod, here is the thread.

http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?t=2291
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Like last time, all I can think of, is that Extreme Styles MOD is interfering.

Does it have a cache function? If so, maybe try clearing it :?