[Dreamweaver] Scrollbars in Dreamweaver

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

ADi@/\/TUM
Flower Child
Flower Child

What do I need to make IE type internally in my website?
I have to much information and would like to keep the layout to
a height minimum using the scrollbars.
The Monthly world, daily struggle!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

You want it to scroll across the page?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Bacon
Boo, or Boo-urns?
Boo, or Boo-urns?

Sorry I don't quite get what your trying to do? You want to make a frame and put the text into that, then use scroll bars for that frame?
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not quite sure what he is asking either.
ADi@/\/TUM
Flower Child
Flower Child

I want to put vertical scrollbars inside the webpage....

I.E. you can scroll through text on the webpage....

Really don't know how to say it, but to say that their would be the Internet explorer scrollbar on the outside, and inside would be another scrollbar to scroll through the text.
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Frames within frames is the answer. You may have to make a framset which points to a sub folder with another frameset and another which points to a third and so on. Remember that each frame can be set to scrolling or not.
ADi@/\/TUM
Flower Child
Flower Child

thanks rat I have been wondering about that for so long
KrazyKid
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Using divs are better. I generally recommend against frames for anything. Here's what you'd want:

<div align="left" style="overflow: auto; height: 300px; width: 400px; border-color: red; border-style: dotted; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px;">

CONTENT HERE

</div>
KrazyKid
My new site is up!
thatothersite.net
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I've been thinking of knocking extra iframes out of my website. It causes some issues with small windows. For the most part I didn't need the iframes anyway, but I built with them so I could manage parts of the website easily.

I'll have to try divs for the portions where they apply.
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

KrazyKid wrote:Using divs are better. I generally recommend against frames for anything. Here's what you'd want: [remainder snipped]
That's nice. I like it... Now.... how do you position the division? You can align the content by changing <div align = "left"..... to <div align = "right" or whatever... but how is the division itself shifted? If I wanted that nice box to appear centrally in the window, or on the right, what changes are needed?
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

You could use CSS to handle your div's. Don't ask me how because I am not familiar enough with it. Tableless CSS using div's seems the way to go now. I will try to implement it on my work website when I get done with my MCSE training.