Give Our Site A Rating!

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Out of 5, how well would you rate the site / forum?

3%
3%
9%
31%
54%

Total votes: 35
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here at CricketMX, we're always looking to improve, whether it be the site or the program. Feel free to add your opinion :)

Before voting, check out our homepage @ http://www.battye.jmstacey.net
moongirl

I have voted in your poll battye and have given you a 4 which is probably not enough but I need more time on the site. Later battye.
jctoad
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

This site is cool, but u need to make me a mod or admin. There are too many post which are way out of control. Not like I would ever post something that was way out there.
Don't count your toads until they're running around with their heads cut off.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

jctoad wrote:There are too many post which are way out of control.
I wonder who they were by? But you never post anything that's 'way out there' do you jc? :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

it's far too early to judge your site, same with mine...

a site with adaquate growth, good posts, good infomation on the site, or the information required to cover a topic, then i might vote.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will have to agree with Layzie on this subject. To early to make a honest rating but I am sure within time I'll give it a 5.
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

well lets see what happens in the next few months, so far the sites growth has been great, i dont know about the site's history, but truthfully it is growing faster than mine...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has anybody read the history? Click here to read it, it's that huge thing on the the right.

I'm so pleased with the growth of this site! At the moment I'm getting 1.20 users per day :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

i did, my site is just plainly isn't growing, .19 users per day, posts are high, at one time before the board got messed up about 70 per day, it's coming back slowly 12 per day, about 200 hits on my site per day about 90% comes from registered users, about 5 new visitors each day...biggest problem my site faces is that there's no one but me and jmstacey to post anything about what my site is about...bad because neither of us have time to do it...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, at the moment we're getting about 7 posts per day, and just under 1 topic per day. Users per day jumped up to 1.21 :D

Has being on Google helped at all Layzie?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

not really, thats because google doesn't spider phpBB because of the sid (session ID) you can get a mod, it didn't work for me although i didn't exactly go with the flow, but it's at phpBB's website.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It'll be a long time before I download another MOD, those things are freaky :lol:

Not to mention trouble! :shock:

Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

it's usually not this bad, but yeah I losing my patience...

I was his so called guniea pig, or so he says now, he just offered to host my site cuz breezeland was sucking, likewise i went with it, and everything was cool except that he had to end up using this crummy windows 98 machine and it crashed every 3 days, then it died, then he got a new one which ran XP then he switched it to slackware and thats what we were using for quite a while then when he started this free webhosting thing the thing was under too much pressure and when he changed it it died, because it cooled off, things contracted and broke, so he wasn't able to have the back up thing, he had to do it.... He's a nice guy, but being a free webhost is silly, hosting for your freinds is cool, but not just for anyone that comes by... He wants to quit at this sometimes, since things like this happens, but you really can't do that, a lot of people depend on you...

How exactly did you restore the database? I didn't get ***** for directions on that, and frankly im pissed off, because I've tried multiple ways, and im not sure if that's for phpBB to process or the CP...and at that will it even let me upload it, IE timed out on the CP, so what encouragement to try using the board. Likewise I dont know ***** about databases, why do I have to restore it if the structure was modified, just what the hell does that mean, doesn't make any sense to me...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't know anything about databases or MySQL either :oops:

Has Jon sent you the database file yet?

But... to restore it, you need to go into phpMyAdmin, click Query, and import it through there.

If you ask him, I think he'll upload phpBB for you, he did for me because it takes hours on 56k, hopefully he'll do the same for you too :)

Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

only probalem was that my database is too big for 56k...3 MB...it timed out on all methods, so yeah Jon restored my database...my files are fine, I wouldn't be too worried about redoing that, after all that is a lot of work for Jon...