DVD-R

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

you all remember that i was waiting 2 format?? well now i got my disks, i ordered 2 sets of CD-R's and some DVD-R's i can tell wich are the 2 sets of CD-R's as there labled so i guess the other disks that are left are the 4.7G DVD disks right?? well when i put them in my DVD drive it shows no details of size or space remaining, and same with my CD-RW drive :? :?
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
jctoad
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Even with a cdr it will do that. I don't think that it will give you any info until you go to burn to the disk. If you want to test the disk get http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
Don't count your toads until they're running around with their heads cut off.
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

thanx JC so this tells you how big a CD-R or DVD-R is?
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

right it shows 2... 1 for cd (cdspeed) and the other for dvd (dvdspeed) so do i need both, each to test differently???

or just 1 if so which?
Layzie Bone (wanabe)
Court Jester

DVD-R have 4.7 GB of space, however you can use all 4.7 of it since each disk CD & DVD needs to have what they call a library, like a 700 MB CD can hold about 690 MB because of it. You can get a DVD-R that have 27 GB of space, but it requires a speacial DVD burner, blue laser. My computer sees a dvd as a cd, but everything works right, the DVD plays, and so fourth. If you created a mutl-session DVD, then you'll have to open whatever burning software you use and get the latest session open and see how much free space you do have...