Free Downloadable Show : "The Scene"

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I just found this free to download and watch online drama :D
Student Brian Sandros has a secret, he and his friends pirate hundreds of illicit hollywood movies in their spare time .
They are revered ,reveiled, hunted, and admired.
No one knows who they are.. at least not as far as they know.
At the moment there are 6 episodes to watch :D

http://www.welcometothescene.com/index.shtml

This is the list of the characters
Brian Sandro - Known to most as "Drosan," Brian heads CPX, one of the most powerful ripping groups in The Scene. Brian has earned his reputation as a major player by attracting content sources, building relationships, and maintaining airtight security.

Teflon - Tef is the number two man in CPX. He is responsible for operations and source acquisition and he is Brian's closest friend. Although no one knows how old he is (none of the members of CPX have ever met in person) Tef is regarded by the group as "the old man"

Pyr0 - Pyr0 is CPX's encoder. He is responsible for creating the enormous DVD-quality files that get replicated millions of times all over the world. Pyr0 has a big mouth and a short fuse, but his childish demeanor belies a finely honed technical expertise.

Slipknot - Slip is responsible for affiliations. He creates relationships with other ripping groups that broaden CPX's distribution and add to its mystique. A true introvert (even online) Slip commands the respect of his peers - even those with whom he doesn't see eye to eye.

C0da - C0da is the courier. His job is to gather the group's encoded files and distribute them to their affiliates. Moody and given to pouting, C0da is proud of the fact that he isn't an American. The prevailing opinion in CPX is that he is from Norway.

Melissa - Dating Brian Sandro requires patience, but even Melissa's substantial reserves are tapped by her boyfriend's secrecy and late nights in front of the computer.

Trooper - One of CPX's hottest sources. Trooper works in a DVD pressing plant in LA, which gives him access to lots of "product". In return, CPX gives Trooper access to servers that contain terabytes of pirated material. It's a marriage of convenience, and neither side knows how long it will last.

Luckychi2203
- A contact of Brian's who presumably lives somewhere in Asia, LuckyChi is the conduit for a consortium that sells pirated hardcopies of DVDs and CDs. This practice of selling pirated "product" is odious to most Sceners, but to Brian's dismay, he finds himself increasingly tempted by the prospect.
Get viewing folks its great 8)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Seems I wasnt the only one to spot this release , Skycks have an interview with the makers and theres also a parody site for the show :lol:

http://www.welcometotehscene.com/download.shtml

and the interview can be found here

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=716

I have just watched the 6 episodes and found the format interesting in that I,m watching my screen watching someone else, watching their screen..lol
Freezmizer
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I have been watching "The Scene" and I think it was well done. The characters and story are interesting and the endings always leave you wanting more. I cant wait for more episodes. :wink:
"Teh Scene" (the parody) is a lame atempt by some idiots in the (supposedly) "real scene", its poorly written and isn't even slightly funny.
I saw episode 2 last night, I wont be watching any further episodes..
Its pure sh*t! :evil:
-- Ha Ha Charade you are....... --
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I agree Freeze, also when I first ran the "Teh Scene" xvids my explorer.exe crashed something that has never happened before
(except when I have done it to install something against the machines will).

I,m with you on the parody, its crap, the original is so much better, problem is I want to see the next episode already.. :D
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

New episode out folks same addy , get it while its hot :D
Freezmizer
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Damn you Quick! I read your post and thought episode 8 was out early! :cry:
Episode 7 was out on the April 15th, episode 8 will be sometime early May.
I signed up for the newsletter, as soon as one is released I get an alert.
I'm still enjoying this series, have watched all eps. about 10 times. :P
-- Ha Ha Charade you are....... --
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is it a flash series or are they human characters?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Its based around a cam of a guy sitting at a computer and his screen activities are inlaid into the picture so you can see the reaction to online events Battye.

Sorry Freez I only just saw the episode was available , soon be time for the next one though, wonder if I should get the Lucky Chi to set me up a paypal account..lol (Thats my theory anyway :D )