WinMx Hash Site Launched

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Well folks, the hard work has paid off , thank you all for gathering those links and sending them to Vladd, well done too KM, you guys have both done us proud 8)

http://www.p2p-revolution.com/

For those who have not yet sent in a hash try the site out , then send your list in ,you,ll see that its worth it :)

P.S. Viva La Revolution !
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good work, this effort may make me want to use WinMX again.....

Then again maybe not :D

But still, fine outstanding work by all those involved.
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

quicksilver wrote:P.S. Viva La Revolution !
viva would be spanish, vive is french (in relation to the french revolution) :-P

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
lbb87
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Maybe it's just me but some of the hashes or files listed as non fakes appear to be fakes.

I was told that if you browse a user and they have multiple copies of the same files then they're most likely sharing fake files.

So I selected a hash from the list/database and did a search. I browsed several users and the majority of them had multiple copies of the same files.

I've also noticed that some of these users will even have as many as 80 users in queue.

So what's that all about?
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

80 users in queue is normal for users sharing a lot of files, especially popular files. A user sharing multiple copies of the same file does not mean they are sharing fakes. It is possible they downloaded several different versions looking for the best quality. Stop being so paranoid.
Vladd44
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I've also noticed that some of these users will even have as many as 80 users in queue.
that would actually imply not fakes. Usually the files time out to fast to garner that amount in queue.
The avalanche has already started, it is to late for the pebbles to vote. - Kosh
Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

I usually have multiple copies because I'm doing what Grinch said and looking for the best quality. Apparently you didn't read the topic on fake files.

Fake files timeout almost immediately, and you usually see HUNDREDS of users with the same file at EVERY quality you can get that file at.
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
lbb87
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I have read about fake files which is why I posted this.

What I'm talking about is users who have about 10-20 copies of the same songs and videos with different bit rates and sizes.

When viewing the full paths of their shared folders they were all C:\Documents and Settings\<random>\My Documents\My Music\

Some had something like 5 of 6 available files and some had several users in queue like 80 or 15.

Some share 3000 files and some share varying amounts such as 136.

And when I see many users sharing 10+ copies of many large videos like movies, then I know something isn't right. There's no way someone would be crazy enough to download multiple copies of large files like that. I've been using WinMX for 3+ years and I've never seen any of this stuff until a few months ago.

I don't know why some of you aren't seeing what I'm talking about. Is it possible you haven't checked out the users who actually have users in queue? Is it possible that since I'm on dialup that what I'm seeing is a bad case of ghost files? When I try to download these files, I never get anywhere because it always times out awhile after I've been in queue. When I try to download from people I know, I never have any problems.

Like I said before, maybe it's me. But if it's not, then maybe this should be looked into. If it is just me, then I apologize for getting people all stirred up.
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Lbb, sorry if your getting the impression that we are not checking everything out , thats far from the case, but its a fact that as soon as new guidlines
are issued they attempt to change their tactics.

The original advice about joining downloads with folks qued is still good advice in 90% of cases, but it has been spotted that they are experimenting
with qued and other tricks, until this causes difficulties to a sizeable percentage of users, its best to follow the advice we gave.
As to bogus users having many copies shared, yes thats a good pointer to a waste of time, they also have to share a large amout of files as otherwise there flooding would have no effect.

I,m glad you posted and look forward to hearing any new tricks you see being used :)
Red XIII

I get what you're talking about, if they have 10-20 then YES it is a fake storage house. If there's like 2-4 then ok that's prolly just trying to get the best quality or had multiple files to see which would finish first (I do that quite often :lol: ) but otherwise, if they are sitting with 10-20 like you're saying then yes those are fakes. You honestly think someone has enough storage space to hold 10 copies of Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King at the top quality on their comp?? They have one big friggin' HD if they can...We're just saying that more than likely the 10-20 people are the fakes
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

there's a simple way to tell - try and download the file :-D

(dont forget to rate it when you have :-D)

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you don't want to worry about fakes, use Bit Torrent
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

Hummm....
Well First of all.. not that I am an expert "YET" or anything.. but I do deal with these on a regular basis....

lbb87 has a great point, so I am gonna get back to it, since the idea of the database was to keep folks who choose to using WinMX.

There are many files the flooders are using having HASH numbers that will match true files. I have seen it many times.
:arrow: I for one think its great that you have taken the time to check out the p2p-Revolution. I think its very important for the site's success for users like yourself to have a hard look at the files on there.

Like KM says .. its very important to rate the files.. they will get rechecked and verified for authenticity then..

Heres my general rule for these files that have matches of both flooders and legitimate users..

Search the hash number instead of just starting the download..
When it gets to about 100 in my search window, and the file names match what it's supposed to be, I click on download...
Then I go to my transfers screen and change it from Auto Find Sources every 10mins to Never.
If it has 1-10 or more real sources and the download gets past 30,000ks I consider it a good source.
The fakes will time out as they always do and the real files will come on in...

The Hash site is a great way to search for files of all types and many ppl have done a great deal of work,, but there is always room for improvemtents... As always

Happy Hunting .. :wink:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

the fakes pretending to be real files is a problem that i noticed straight away, thats why i said the best way to determin if its fake r real is try and get it, there are a few real ones that are listed as fakes because of other fakes using that hash making it impossible to get the file

me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

So... :roll:
In other words..........

RATE EM FOLKS.... :wink:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/