v1.3 Patch in progress

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Dan
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I'm currently working on a v1.3 patch, which will fix several bugs across the system, making everything esier to use, and also make sense in some places where it didn't before!
I'm also breaking a personal rule, by adding a couple of new (surprise :P) features into some software that is out of Beta stages. The reason for this is due to the the fact that the current management of lyrics isn't powerfull enough, and in certain operating situations, the server could cause the script to time out - somthing we oboviously want to avoid.
There are also going to be some database structure changes made, so and MOD's may need rewriting to take this into account.

It will be worth it though.

Dan
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hell yeah! :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Dan
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Just a quick update to let you all know how it is goin, and to pass on a few bits about what you should be seeing that is new.

Basically, the code is vastly done for the main site, bar some templating work for adding new content, and any of the pages in view2.php.
The Admin pannel is coming along - The new security & auth functions are finished, but there is still a fair bit of code to write.

What in the way of new functions?
Well, for a start there is Album art - Whenever you add a song to an album without a picture, you are given the choice to upload one, it is then auto-thumbnailed and displayed along with the lyrics.
Secondly, there are 'Trusted' accounts, basically an admin creates you an account, and you can then add lyrics without waiting for them to be verified,
Thirdly there is pagination - Rather than listing all the songs on one page (which is difficult to scroll thorough, and slow) they are now split up into groups of whatever an admin decides.
The SearchMOD (written previously by me) has also been adapted and included, and is now faster & better than before.
The new templating system makes it easy to modify the templates, and changes to the layout also make navigation esier.

There are also a few more bits that I can't remember off the top of my head, but you should see a massive improvment. I'll leave you with a few screenshots:

Dan
Attachments
Index Page
Index Page
index.jpg (57.86 KiB) Viewed 7114 times
One of the view pages, showing the new layout, and pagination
One of the view pages, showing the new layout, and pagination
view.jpg (118.21 KiB) Viewed 7114 times
The search page
The search page
search.jpg (52.64 KiB) Viewed 7114 times
Some search results
Some search results
searchr.jpg (61.88 KiB) Viewed 7114 times
moongirl

looking good Dan :wink:
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

That sounds like great changes Dan... you been working really hard on this..cant wait to see these.........
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hell yeah again! :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Very well done Dan 8) Those are just whats needed to make the experience as painless as possible for ppl like me .
I look forward to the deployment of all the enhancements. :D
Dan
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

View2.php is now finished, as it quite a lot of the ACP.

Development has slowed down a bit recently, due to me having other commitments to furfill, but hopefully we will have the beta out soonish.

Dan
Dan
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

You might all be getting a nice suprise soon ;)
moongirl

I like surprises :wink:
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
Dan
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Have you checked the lyrics recently?

;)
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Dan wrote:Have you checked the lyrics recently?
Oooh. Pretty.