Vladd44 Site : Temporarily Unavailable.

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Seems Vladd has had a run in with his ISP, so they are playing hard ball with him and his site is presently unavailble :(
This is a double whammy as his address is the one that is dealing with the hashes for the database :x
Still keep collecting folks those hashes are very important, hold on to the files until he returns, which should be soon if I know him.
If you are able to email them, and it goes through please do so :) .

Hurry back Vladd :?
keith
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

If we need a webspace to link to for the hashes or any other stuff that want posting i got space on mine and have mysql/php running.

Just leave a post or email me kr012e6589@blueyonder.co.uk
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Great offer Keith , There is a site already constructed and in the process of being filled up with hashes , Vladd will no doubt announce it soon. :)
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

its only the vladd44.com website thats down - the hash database site is still running fine

thats the default "no site has been uploaded to this account yet" page - so i thought vladd had broken something AGAIN :-P

quicksilver: have you actually heard from him about it? (btw, i emailed you in relation to this if you havent checked your email yet)

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I checked the mail earlier but nothing showed up, I,ve replied now.
The address for the hash site has not been announced KM, so folks dont know where it is yet, are you in a position to let us know ?
I thought Vladd was going to make an announcement about it first :?
Vladd44
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Email should be working fine

They disabled the account bc AOhelL users complained that I had spammed them. And since they had complained, regardless of whether I had or not, They wanted me to pay $200 to be reinstated.

I politely told them to F*ck off.

They also offered to reactivate my account so I could get my files and database for $50, and I VERY politely :) told them that it was the first thing I did when they deactiveated the account. As of now, the tards still havent disabled my ftp access and my access to the forum database.

I have everything I need, and a new host, just give me, and dns servers a little time.

Emails should never have been interrupted, which is ironic, since it was spamming they accused me of.

Maybe I will use my other acct with them to send my 3rd email, but I think I will do it with a new location already in place and dns servers already sent to it.

One last F*ck you for them.

For the record, I can already document $288 dollars annually that I already received committments of people who were doing business with them, who will no longer do so. So they can keep the roughly $6 they ripped me off for, and after a few more thousand dollars, we can call it even.

I am very glad that I have continued to keep the webhosting at a different company than the one I purchase my domain names through. If I had bought my domain name through them, they could really have had me by the balls, and then I would have had to get personal :) .
The avalanche has already started, it is to late for the pebbles to vote. - Kosh
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

lol, you are constantly spamming me - i get at least 50 emails a day from your forum telling me about new posts :-P

(btw, perhaps it would be wise to set a lower TTL on your DNS entries? everyone else can move a site over within a matter of minutes :-D)

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Hmm, they dont sound very nice folks, sending out a notice to the forum
members is not spamming, I think its just another way for them to hive off a portion of the net for the "business" folk,
This also happened to an italian forum I am a member of they are unable to send any emails out, thats pure overkill.
I wonder when we are going to have to pay for email , as I see that, as the next stealth tax. :x
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Who was the webhost?

Edit:
GoDaddy.com seems to be the answer.
Vladd44
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

lol, yes nesman

HASH>97cfce10579625dcef09e424ecade170-7445190

Back up and running.
The avalanche has already started, it is to late for the pebbles to vote. - Kosh
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

vladd isn't very good at doing his research - 5 minutes on google would tell me all i needed to know to avoid godaddy... lol

i would be worried about the fact that his new choice of web host is on several blocklists though - and my immediate reaction to their home page is "unprofessional and hasn't got a clue" - i wonder how long until his next web host change... lol

Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Hmm... spam is becoming a serious problem. My e-mail accounts have been spoofed so many times that I can't even send mail to my own father now. Luckily, he's considering a change of provider so his current too-lazy-to-check-if-the-sender-is-authenticating-his-mail solution (Freeserve in the UK if anyone wants to know) can go boil their balls.
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

the best way to deal with spam is to have an anything@whatever address - so anything can go before the @ and you'll get the email, then use something different for everything you use the email address for - that way when you start getting spam not only do you know who gave your email addres out, but you can also block all email to that address and it will prevent the spam without effecting other emails

That system has worked well for me so far :-D (its also interesting to find some of the so-called reputable companies that sell email addresses)

Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

KM wrote:the best way to deal with spam is to have an anything@whatever address - so anything can go before the @ and you'll get the email, then use something different for everything you use the email address for - that way when you start getting spam not only do you know who gave your email addres out, but you can also block all email to that address and it will prevent the spam without effecting other emails

That system has worked well for me so far :-D (its also interesting to find some of the so-called reputable companies that sell email addresses)
I'm glad you've had success with your system. I used to do that exact same thing, however, when the spoofers finally went 'big' with my domain name I found that my legitimate addresses were also being blocked as 'bad' by various ISPs world wide. The solution was to cancel the catch-all address. Why? When I had my catch-all address active, all a spoofer needed to do was use anyname@mydomain.org which proves nothing about where they got the address from. It only suggests they have imaginations and word-generating software. All the bounced replies from "address/mailbox does not exist" would happily trundle into my inbox and ISPs would believe they'd found an active spammer. Result: blocked. Great. When the catch-all was removed, the bounced mail rebounded again... back to the ISPs where the postmasters could list the offending sender (which looked like me) as inactive. Problem solved.

I suggest you remove your catch-all address before it's too late. It gets your site all the wrong sort of attention.
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

lol, i get very few bounced messages - its mainly crap directed at me anyway