Yay, we're stranded

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Canaca have suspended my site for running BitTorrent again, instead though, they suspended my FTP. Are they thick? Do they know what BitTorrent is? This means I cannot do anything at all to the site, I cannot backup files, I cannot make any changes, I can't add MOD's, I can't change anything. I have been emailing them for three days, maybe it's my fault for being Australian, and not being a fluent French speaker :roll:

They are taking me around in circles, I have emailed each 'department' about this, the administrator won't reply, emergency pretend to care but don't, support may reply by next week... And they fail to fix the problem.

So what do we do. To be honest I have no idea, we're at the mercy of Canaca.

And now, I don't care anymore. After being polite and tolerating their stupidity since April, I'm fed up with them. Maybe this is what they want.

My latest email:
I have already told you, my username is cricketmx
I will not disclose my password in this email as I have read these tickets over the internet and don't believe it is a secure means.

You should have my password in your database. As the webhost, it is your business to be able to fix these problems, it has been 3 days since I first reported this to you and you have done NOTHING. Even your administrator will not reply.

Why are you treating me like this?
I have growing site, and to have it hosted by Canaca I would have thought it would have been a good reflection upon your business, instead we get flooded by Internal Error 500 errors and accusations of running systems that do not run from my site.. Not to mention the fact that one of my users has noticed Canaca.com's IP address blocked by their firewall.

webhostingtalk.com have some very bad reviews regarding Canaca, including one person experiencing the exact same problem I am having (CPU usage etc).

These are all serious matters that you should be addressing in the interests of running a webhosting business. Customer satisfaction is the basis of any business...

Hopefully by sending this to all your departments (if in fact there are several depts.) I will get a reply and you will finally fix my problem. If there is nobody qualified to fix your problem, will you please be honest and tell me so I can find assistance elsewhere, at the moment you are taking me around in circles.
It is very important that I get access to my FTP again as you may have noticed.

To help my 'mission against the odds' email all canaca addresses using the Bc, Bcc etc.

emergency@canaca.com
administrator@canaca.com
support@canaca.com

CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

Are you looking for another host now Battye?
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

This sucks. :(
moongirl

A most unusual way to conduct a business.
I take it Battye, you won't be nominating them for "Company Of The Year"!!
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

We'll see :lol:
I got my access back btw.. :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Hurrah! But for how long?
Freggle
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

battye, thx for the warning. I know which my next host is NOT going to be.

In like three month Arnoud and me will have a co-located server so if you want maybe we can arrange something. Haven't discussed this with Arnoud yet ;)
The downside is that the server will most likely be placed in Holland and you pretty much live at the other side of the world..

btw.. Very nice that you got your access back but did they ever write a reply to your e-mails?
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

Okay I am seriously disgusted with the agravation they are causing you Battye..and I am curious too have they even replied to you... I say lets put the word out to them by a mass email day from the CricketMX users on how we feel bout thier business manners with You... maybe even get some other forums involved.. cause this not RIGHT! :evil:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the offer Freggle, but I wouldn't want to impose, and being so far away does make it a bit harder.

Me, I don't think there is a need to send out a mass email about how bad they are, that's unprofessional on my behalf. And going to other forums complaining makes us look bad, because there is nothing wrong with them (the other forums), it's my problem, and I have to fix it and I would like to remain professional throughout it. If you feel strongly enough to complain to someone, read the reviews at the link below, and if you care to add your own. I don't have anything to do with the site below, it was just from a Google search, but if you want to warn other people about Canaca, the following link is probably the best place to do so (and also some great reading there)

http://www.webhostingjury.com/reviews/Canaca

me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

I guess that is what I mean Battye.. I just don't think its right for them to conduct business this way and it not be well known, as far as being unprofessional they top the cake as far as I have seen every time you or anyone else on the forum has contacted them..

I just think that if there is enough word out there in the appropriate places of course like the link Battye gave that they should have to send someone or 'the one' running things to school for English and Business classes..anyway yes I agree we need to be professional about this.. Its still not right how they treat you and others i see on that link and something should be done or they will continue to make money and not change anything.

For now I will be gooda girl :twisted: and not say or type a word :-#
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Interesting indeed. I notice that the majority were less than happy but a few were, it seems, chuffed to bits with the wonderful service.

I counted 20 reviews. Of these, 6 said the service was good.

(And I reviewed my host while I was there. :) )
moongirl

Great reading, thanks Battye :lol:
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
Red XIII

Did you look at that site before you signed up for the service Battye? So far from what Rat said, it's a 30/70 for their rating :P
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I always feel that most of the time when you're pleased with a service, you do nothing about it. You're much more likely to start sending letters when you're having trouble. I'd say that 1/3 of the reviews being positive isn't too bad.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I tend to agree with you Nes. However doing a quick search for "Canaca" at http://www.webhostingtalk.com will reveal some horror stories even worse that my own. It appears the "You are overloading our servers with excess CPU, your account has been suspended" is a pre-made response. It seems they offer ridiculous amounts of bandwidth (I have 400GB..) and when people try to use it all they can't cope and suspend your account.