Oukas Chat Server

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

ummm... you know the window is resizable right? lol
if that wasn't enough all you'd have had to do was increase your screen's resolution a bit.
edit: lol i just tried your mod jimmy and it was bigger than the original's default size for me

incidentally while i'm here, i've added an update to 4.40b that fixes the no colours on the userlist. Still no /bot command because it's not needed. The name with or without colours in the command works fine
Attachments
Ouka Chat Server 4.40b.rar
Ouka Chat Server 4.40b 2005-01-13
(76.52 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Protoman X wrote:edit: lol i just tried your mod jimmy and it was bigger than the original's default size for me
I dont know me i user XP english and is work fine no bold text other font (i change it) and is bit a smaller! and is not take 80% of the screen :lol: :wink: 8)
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

I meant me as in myself not Windows ME ;)
I'm also running XP. And not had any problems with screen realestate being taken up by it on 1024x768.
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Sorry, I had a link but i didnt copy it! :roll:
Here is Ouka's Latest Chat Server 8)
Massive thanks to him for this! :)
Attachments
ChatServer_440c.zip
Ouka Chat Server, Version 4.40c.20050116-1245
(99.17 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Hmm they certainly come rolling off Oukas production line rapidly, thanks Jason and BIG thanks to Ouka.
I wonder whats been modified with this release :? , soon find out :D
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

In the above version he fixed some minor issues, one that could be exploited and used to actually close down the server :(

But all is good now though in this release I am pleased to report :)

Reccommend upgrading to this version for anyone who is running it at the mo ;)
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

There's a few new things.
1) The way the primiary protocol works was changed slightly and port info is given about primaries on the events listing.
2) There's now a small unlabeled box next to the IP Address field. This gets your IP address and pastes it in the box for you.
3) as already mentioned fixed a crashbug.

:P Jason has more free time than me lol
Thanks Jason :)
TheHawks
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Oukas Chat ServerIs The best Just Wanted To Say That:D

I have a question [OCS] Has a Lot of Commands and i don't really know them all.
I Just stated to host a room I tried to Put the Commands in the RCMSConf to list the CMD.
wanted it to be like in WinMX when i click on the Cmd Button List.so i could just click my way to a command is that possible and if yes it would be great.
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

Humm okay I am using this and loving it so far but I have a few questions..

When i was using the 430d I had a problem with ppl being able to use the colour in their nicks and when I updated to 440b this problem poof went away....However when i updated to the 440c it was back even tho I replaced the RCMS.txt with the one I had configured already...why??

Also I have heard a few ppl having some problems with their CPU usage going wild when they are using Ouka and Instant Messenger programs (incidentally the ones I know of where also running WinMx rooms simultaneously, and the Task Managers show its the IM programs hogging resources) and mine just seems to cause hiccups in the IM proggys...they open close and act funny...anyone else having probs??
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

However when i updated to the 440c it was back even tho I replaced the RCMS.txt with the one I had configured already...why??
Colours have nothing to do with RCMSconf.txt. All that file is for is to configure options.
When i was using the 430d I had a problem with ppl being able to use the colour in their nicks and when I updated to 440b this problem poof went away
What problem? Details are useful :? If you mean that colours in usernames would not work then that's simple. It hadn't been programmed to do so until 4.40.
Also I have heard a few ppl having some problems with their CPU usage going wild when they are using Ouka and Instant Messenger programs (incidentally the ones I know of where also running WinMx rooms simultaneously, and the Task Managers show its the IM programs hogging resources) and mine just seems to cause hiccups in the IM proggys...they open close and act funny...anyone else having probs??
OCS usually hovers at around 1-3% on my AMD 1300+, so it's not that bad really imo. One thing you can do to keep CPU usage lower is to clear the screen occationally. It has a very large backscroll limit. As for problems with instant messengers trillian hasn't given me any problems.
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Protoman , It does seem that there is a problem somewhere with IM systems and Oukas server, I had experienced it myself while testing and also another tester encountered the same problem.
We where both running Ouka and WinMx rooms, I was using Skype and my friend was using ICQ.
The symptoms are that the system will start to crawl, meaning effectively that you lose control, all this will clear if you shut down the chat server :(
While watching this effect on the task manager you cant see any great draw of ram being used but the processes seem to multiply, until the machine saturates itself.
This suggests to me that an external process is being called by the server that conflicts with the IM program.
If you can think of anything you would like me to do ,to try to work out what the problem might be , then I,ll be most happy to give it a whirl :)
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

If there's a problem with IMs it apparently doesn't affect trillian.
Are you sure it's the IMs causing it? WinMX and Ouka's server are much more likely to be using the same processes since one is based upon the other. Only thing I can suggest is the process of elimination. So far you have 3 possible causes of the problem, WinMX, Skype, and ICQ. I would try using just 2 of them and seeing if it still happens. If it does, drop one of the 2 and see if it still happens. Keep messing till you find out which one(s) seem to be the problem, though my bet would be on WinMX. Might wanna try secondary first though see if it's just the 2 primary connections conflicting for whatever reason.

Edit: Oh yeah, about how long is it from when you start the server to when the CPU goes wild? If it's an extended period of time it could also be something that you overlooked.
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

4.40d is out.
http://www.interq.or.jp/orange/satosi/C ... r_440d.zip

Havn't talkde to Ouka yet but new things are...
Ability to rename the server user. (YAY!)
#admincmd printprimarylist
Bug on the winmx userlist where ghosts are made because of adding/changing colours in names seems fixed.

In RCMSConf.txt there is now
GetHostByAddr="0"
0 = disabled and 1 = enabled.

Edit: not sure if this fixes the CPU usage problem with this update. I am talking to Ouka about it now though
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Hmm, I,m glad someone notices all those minor things Protoman It just seems great to me. :D
My hitch starts when I use a speech component in the I.M.
I received another report of the same thing so its 3 of us who have seen it , it isnt just a sp2 thing as I first suspected and it can happen about 3 minutes from starting the I.M. when using the Server, and it will disappear if either program is closed .
I hope that helps a bit :?
I,ll get testing in a few hours and give you any feedback I can gather, about the latest release :) .

Big thanks as usual to Ouka 8) , Protoman 8) , thanks guys :D
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Just incase anyone isnt sure what has been added it's related to this command: #AdminCmd PrintIP <user>
With GetHostByAddr="n" set to 0 you get the first effect (Off) with it set to 1 you get the second (On) when output is displayed into the channel

14:45:26 <Admin> JASON³666_64612's IP : [192.168.1.2] - Off
14:45:45 <Admin> JASON³666_64612's IP : [192.168.1.2] [private-24wznpf] - On