[Winmx] File Flooding and Spoofing

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I was very interested in this subject as I,m sure you all may have noticed the problem.
Basically some private companies are flooding the network with fake files of every bit rate and length in an effort to give you so many results that you lose your primary connection to the wpns , nasty huh ?
They can usually be spotted by the fact that they have a ridiculous amout of slots open (99 is quite normal for these "intellectuals")
and they also do the same with .ogg files , which I have not noticed many people use so thats another pointer to the fact that your title is being spoofed.
The user names in use are all standard looking , no fancy text on show yet .
There is a thread running here that is worth a look , but please post any information on this here so we can discuss any ideas that may be worth following up .

http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3757
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Maybe Riddler is one of these evil people. He has 80 slots open. :lol:
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Sorry if this is a little confusing I have moved this here as it was out of place where originally posted :

I read something on here about the flooding of primaries and why it affects us all .

http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic ... 57&start=0

I,m in agreement with Coaldust on this issue we need 2 items to stop a lot of the problems.

1) A way of disconnecting from users that have slots that are obviously untrue (some of these spoofers pretend to have 99 open slots 10 or 20 seems the max to me )
The Mx protocol supports these types of information requests when the initial connection is made and at a set interval after that, to hold the connection

2) A Program like shareguard (Bender has such a prototype that works ),
that will check through files of users (once they are in some way conected to you ,like during a search ), and flag up duplicate files of different bit rates say to a set level like 10 duplicate or different bit rate files of the same name gives a warning or ignores the the connection from that user, as the post says the fake file flooders have been using different bit rates and file types to capture the not so knowledgable user :evil:
well those are the ideas I think are technicaly possible without killing the network.
The most annoying thing here, is even if you dont download your having problems ,as the "search avalanche" makes local primaries drop out leaving your chat room just hanging on by a few connections or in a few cases last week none. :evil:
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

quicksilver wrote:2) A Program like shareguard (Bender has such a prototype that works )
A quick Google search for this brought me straight back to this page!! Any suggestions where I might find this beast?
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Shareguard was tested in the CricketMx room a few times Rat by one of Benders "secret testers who had sworn not to duplicate the program.
I,m not naming names as this may bring unwanted attention on the tester.
Bender subsequently pulled the program as he could not find the time to get it into a fit state for release , it was about the time of his marriage so although its a great loss , nobody could expect him to continue releasing at the rapid rate we have seen this year, and RoboMx took priority.

So cutting to the chase I suggest a visit to mxcontrol If you want to try to gather any further information about it, I did view it working though myself ,so its a viable proposition if he had programming help maybe ..