Connection Speed Help

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Bacon
Boo, or Boo-urns?
Boo, or Boo-urns?

man of mystery & TheModfather, what is important with the bandwidth throttle settings is upload speed. If you are uploading at full speed it will cripple you download speeds because of the way TCP/IP works (thats the protocol our computers use to communicate across the net).

So reply back with your upload speed (if your not sure call your ISP) along with your download speed. but as a general overview;

Note: With all settings, leave Download Speeds unthrottled.

33.6kbps Upstream: (Dial Up users)
Secondary Connection, 1 upload slot open, Limit Outgoing Traffic to 1800

64kbps Upstream:
Secondary Connection, 1 upload slot open, Limit Outgoing Traffic to 5000

128kbps Upstream:
Secondary Connection, 1 upload slot open, Limit Outgoing Traffic to 10000

256kbps Upstream:
Primary Connection, 2 upload slots open, Limit Outgoing Traffic to 21000

384kbps Upstream:
Primary Connection, 3 upload slots open, Limit Outgoing Traffic to 32000

512kbps Upstream:
Primary Connection, 4 upload slots open, Limit Outgoing Traffic to 42000

640kbps Upstream:
Primary Connection, 5 upload slots open, Limit Outgoing Traffic to 52000

768kbps Upstream:
Primary Connection, 6 upload slots open, Limit Outgoing Traffic to 62000

1Mbit Upstream:
Primary Connection, 9 upload slots open, Limit Outing Traffic to 90000

Also to ensure that your uploads & downloads achieve decent speeds, forward your TCP & UDP ports in your WinMX settings and then forward those same ports through your Firewall and/or Router. If your not sure how to do that, reply back asking.
alex1*
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Hi Bacon.

The answer i gave there are the required settings for a secundairy connection, the settings for a primary connection are 5 to 9 slots.
By the way the source of the info is the old MXCentral website. As far as i know they are an authority on the subject but off course personal preferences are always a possibility.
Greetz Alex,
Host of Computerland Chat &
http://www.computerlandchat.tk
alex1*
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

After a PM session with Battye he tells me to reply in public on this and here i will. I inform everybody it will be my last post on CricketMX.

First Battye you want other examples? Then remember the XPSP2 topic in which i state clearly its a magazine article but in which i am jumped by grinch.

Second i want you to see the fact that the moderator in this case did not take the time to answer the person question on octobre 19th when he asked or even reacts on my reaction on octobre 20th but he does so 2 months later on december 6th.

Third you tell me the Mx Central site is for WinMx 3.31, then please read up this topic the ones asking for the proper settings don't tell on which version they work.

Fourth you tell me MXCentral is dead and not worked at anymore. Umm copy direct from the website:
04-07-2004: Brazilian Portuguese language file updated.
15-08-2004: Hungarian language file added.
I remember strongly we worked with WinMX 3.53 back then.

So all i do have to say to this is, is a simple bye to the ones i called my friends.
Greetz Alex,
Host of Computerland Chat &
http://www.computerlandchat.tk
Bacon
Boo, or Boo-urns?
Boo, or Boo-urns?

alex1*, either myself or Grinch have "jumped" you, you have stated your opinion and thoughts of whatever the issue is, and we have responded. Even if I wasn't a moderator I still would have replied with the exact same thing. Just becaues a website says a certain method of doing something, doesn't mean it is the absolute ruling for the issue, theres these things called Personal Opinion.

You voiced the opinion of the website creater of MXCentral, and I voiced my opinion.

Just because YOU have a thought on a issue, doesn't mean it is 100% correct and the only way to go about it. Same goes for EVERYONE else, regardless of moderator status.

If you feel you disagree with something someone has said, then reply and say it, don't sit back and whine about how the big bad moderators are picking on you.

If you really feel that strong about the things you have said in those posts, then why not back them up if someone disagrees with you, or in some cases take onboard what the person is saying, because they might actually be correct.

Your crying over slipt milk.
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

What a sad thread. :(

Alex, forums are places where real people interract through an unusual unnatural medium. What people write is lacking the expression we get from our voices. The same is true of any form of text chat and it is only partly relieved by the use of emoticons, which can be annoying anyway. That's the "Don't take it so personally" part.

The "Rat's opinion" part goes like this: Forums are here so that we can discuss stuff. Good and bad. Facts and fiction. Opinions and studied knowledge. All input is good input. Whatever you have to say, someone will comment or argue. That's what forums are for.
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I,m sorry that you feel aggreived Alex , but not posting here is not the best way to make a point.
It does seem a long time since the original post but moderators are people too, and if somethings just come to our attention we reply at that opportunity.
Most people would like an indication of what other peoples open slots are, and we are all free to have as many open as we want , that said I feel there a moral to this ending , live and let live .
I actually am disappointed with people in this thread , alex is acting the same way I would , he gives advice and cites a reference, also a suggestion with regard to the situation in hand.
I get the feeling some things have been said that are not posted here, on both sides .

My opinion is simple , but its mine all the same.
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

:cry:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/