Grokster

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I have heard of this but never used it , Now I know why.. :)
According to a recent report by Spywarewarrior.com Grokster's installation includes the following third party software; 411 Ferret/ActiveSearch, AdRoar, Altnet/BDE, BroadcastPC, Cydoor, Flashtrack/Flashenhancer, Gator/GAIN/Claria, MyWay/MyBar, SearchLocate/SideBar, Topsearch, TVMedia, VX2/ABetterInternet, Web_CPR/TopMoxie, WebRebates/TopRebates, Various Browser Hijacks (topfivesearch.com, websearch.drsnsrch.com) , and eight other "unknown" detections
In all, 15 adware and spyware programs were installed from the latest version of Grokster (as of 10/04 .)
The researchers used several antispyware apps such as Ad-Aware, Spybot, Aluria, McAfee, Pest Patrol,Intermute, GIANT AntiSpyware, PC Tools and Xblock X-Cleaner. Combined, these anti spyware agents found and removed 134 critical detections. Independently, the programs could not detect all of the entries, however the combined strength of each program eventually found all hidden instances of spyware and adware..
For more details go here

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=607

If you like spy/adware and fancy a good time cleaning your machine up (if you can :lol: ) go here

http://www.download.com/3002-2166_4-102 ... ml?tag=dir

If your not that brave head over to here for a few good reveiws :wink:

http://www.download.com/3302-2166_4-102 ... ?pn=3&fb=2

This is two of my favourites :twisted:
VIRUSES, TROJANS and ADWARE
upon installing this ""software"" my antivirus/firewall software set off alarms for TROJANS and VIRUSES. Although the software did mention adware, it didn't mention it would install VIRUSES or TROJANS on my system-which it DID!!!!! what kind of company does that ????????? WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS???? NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! instead of installing this, just reformat your hard drive then throw your computer out a 4 story window. It would be more productive.
"INITIAL DOWNLOAD FLOODS WITH VIRUSES"
VIRUSES ALL OVER THES PROGRAMS DOWNLOAD. NEVER ACTUALLY OPENED IT AND GOT 20+ VIRUSES FLOODING MY SYSTEM. REPAIR COSTED $500
Ok enough gloating, I suggest this is the king of spyware , unless you know better ?
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

And maybe king of trojans too??
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I really dont know why people bother with such programs but I suppose its because they dont know any better.
They will now :D
p2p-sharing-rules

68% :thumbdown: negative comments by users opinions at download.com and ppl still download it...a bunch of dumb ppl and I thought I was slow. :roll: