Suggestion Box

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

Have you got any ideas of what would make CricketMX even better? Any helpful or useful information you need or would like to see on our forum...maybe a fun way to spend our Cricket earnings or new topics or threads to find goodies on the net, or helpful information that doesnt quite fit in the places we got? If so post em here.

Well you know you can always start a new topic but I am curious especially with our new growth of members if there is anything we could be doing to increase the help and fun already here.... so if you have any ideas post up,,, we'll see what we can do to get it done...

If you have something that gets used posted here there will be a Cricket cash prize from me....

*wonders if she has enough money if this really works good...better get posting, better safe than sorry....hehehe*
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

for some reason an online radio would be cool, problem is, if it's used a lot, it's expensive, since 22kbps x number of users = total banwidth, if 5 or 6 people listen all the time, 200 GB a month, will be a begginers toy. But it would be cool, you can do it easily yourself with winamp. Perhaps of having one server, you could allow independant users to broadcast thier own, no i don't have one. And at some point have someone come up with a small application that can tell the cricketmx server that yes this radio station is broadcasting, like php, but who knows.

The other thing is the shout box probably needs to be moved to the forum index, where more people can easily see it, or remove it, becuase not to many people use it.

Instead, you can use a chat plug in. There's a jIRC chat plug-in, it's php based, you can get the crack from http://www.phpbbfm.com slap on here, and have your own IRC chatroom, it's works pretty well, or for me it did. Although some peoples computers may prohibit the use of some javascript for some reasons. It's inevitable.

And some minor things, the buttons, in eternaldarkness, need to be fixed so that people can read them.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey wanabe, good idea's, I like them and I'll look into them, I am actually looking into a PHP based radio service, so who knows :wink: :)
I fixed the buttons in ED :?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

Excellent ideas Wanabe...Thanks... I agree about the shout box...i hardly ever go look at it if it had a link even here i would think to use it more..lol.
Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

We need an information database on like different subjects, so when people have research projects for nething, they can use this site like their own Google! i hate typing in a search topic in google then having to read 5000+ sites for bullshnit that doesnt pertain to the subject i need... :x
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

I agree with everything except this last point by Red. I don't think there's much sense in reproducing search engines. There's enough of those already. If u search on google, altavista and lycos together (or any three really) you'll usually find what you need. I recommend web ferret, a little program that searches multiple search engines for you.
Get it here.
Red XIII

i didnt mean a search engine, just like a lil subject side of the Cricket site for educational purposes, could even have its own computer side of it that all that stuff from computer literacy could cleanly be put into!
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

hummmmm *thinking* still thinking that would be a huge thing to add on...and be in the search engine catagory...but maybe a listing of good educational sites on various subjects with links that have been checked out for quality..*thinking*
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you want to send me any work you have Red I could upload it as an html document (would allow google to search it) and I could make a google friendly indexing page if you want. It's your responsibility to register a http://www.cricketmx.edu domain :lol:
Just kidding mate, I'll make a directory so you could get to it by http://www.cricketmx.com/edu if you want.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
ADi@/\/TUM
Flower Child
Flower Child

Bring Back the fun
The Monthly world, daily struggle!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

We were saving it all up for you! :D
Welcome back bud :)

me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

YAY! Wes is sooooooo good to see you back here!!

I like the Edu thing Battye but will you need to know the subjects for the searches?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

just put the subject somewhere in the text and google will pick it up. Try using:

Subject:
Article Name:

Text:

Red XIII

I'll look for some for ya tommorow after school battye, just send me a pm reminding me ok? :D