Can We improve our helping skills?

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Do you think we can improve helping people?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:48 pm

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 11
Zeus
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I think we can help improve our skills on helping people. We could improve this site and/or we can get moe information on things we dont know about and then when someone ask us or wants to know they will find out quick and not have to be mad that we dont know or etc.
1 corona. Drink it up. Hurry up. When you got 1 corona you going get 2 coronasss. Yeah yeah yeah. Whoa. 3 coronas. 3 coronas. When you get to 36 coronas you see this girl walking to your house and before you know it you have a happy life time. YEAHHHHH!!!
Zeus
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Please give examples we can do to improve our skills on helping people.
1 corona. Drink it up. Hurry up. When you got 1 corona you going get 2 coronasss. Yeah yeah yeah. Whoa. 3 coronas. 3 coronas. When you get to 36 coronas you see this girl walking to your house and before you know it you have a happy life time. YEAHHHHH!!!
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

I think this is great Zeus... what we need are more tutorials based on what ppl are asking questions about!!
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
alex1*
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

As Zeus suggests, this is exactly what i do on my website, just gathering subjects with constant answers. It will improve the help as well as the knowledge off those who will help.
In fact in a way the people here already do this by reffering to certain earlier written topics. What would be needed is a clear list of topics.

A suggestion from my site would be this, make a specific group that contains those topics, probably renamed to the subjects it contains. In this way you build a library with most used or asked questions.
Greetz Alex,
Host of Computerland Chat &
http://www.computerlandchat.tk
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

Yea that is a good idea... I have already dont this by making a list of each topic with the link for it in a .txt file on my start menu...for fast referels to certain tipics... but the index on here is already well layed out so why a list of em?
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
alex1*
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

So that a user that has a question not even might to ask the question because he easily finds the topic. The issue should be helping people.
Greetz Alex,
Host of Computerland Chat &
http://www.computerlandchat.tk
moongirl

Zeus, hello and thankyou for your pm, I have voted.
A suggestion I have is that we make members aware of the "Search" facility available at the top of every page.
By entering your search requirement, you are taken to a relevant topic.
It has always been there, but possibly, it is overlooked.
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
Zeus
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thank you for your replies. But we need to spread this post around and also very soon for people to vote on this poll before the time is up.

I am happy with the exapmles that we need and/or improve on. But we need more replies and votes to get better results and all.
Thank you.
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Another spammer #-o
Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

:lol: Tune nice to see ya, i think we do just fine helping people if you are refering to the WinMX rooms and here, people get the help they need and if they aren't patient enough, they deserve to be ill treated...this aint a job, we dun get paid for this...community service! I been in the Winmx Community Chat/Help long enough to kno how to act when helping others... :roll:
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
p2p-sharing-rules

I know I can improve my helping skills..so I voted yes.
Zeus
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thank you again everyone for your votes. Still how it looks and the time limit have about a week until votes are no longer counted, its too close to call. But i am replying to give my own suggestions and see how well you all think. We could improve our skills in the chat room by making sure the people know the rules and obey them. When someone asks a question if we dont know : 1. find out the info on the internet. 2. Ask another admin they might know. 3. Show them this website... Now for this website we can have a better detailed posts on the winmx help forum topic section and the same for computer related as ports and such.This will help alot.

I give a big hand to battye for all of this. If it wasnt for him, we wouldnt have all the people we have here on this site helping other people. Now we have more and battye is the person keeping us in line.
Thank you,
Zeus