winmx probs help!!

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

John Riddler
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker
Location: I come from a place were there is a saying, and it goes "From here on there be Dragons"

i got my new comp on the net and downloaded winmx ok it comes on but it wont find anything the chatrooms wont come up it workes on both primarey and secondary cons,,
wass up with it??

thanx for the help

Mr. Riddler :twisted:
alex1*
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Since you have been posting here before, its the best question to ask if you still have the other computer online as well? because two computers with the same winmx ports on one connection won't work. So answer that question first if you don.t mind. If its the case then go into the setting of winmx of your new pc and change the incoming tcp from 6699 to 6698 and outgoing udp from 6257 to 6256. Make sure if you have a router that the ports we just set are forwarded as well, and make sure an eevntual firewall (even the one in xp sp2) is et to accept trafic on this ports. I have the feeling thats thoe problem and the solution to your problem.
Greetz Alex,
Host of Computerland Chat &
http://www.computerlandchat.tk
John Riddler
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker
Location: I come from a place were there is a saying, and it goes "From here on there be Dragons"

hey thanx yeah i had a prob with the router but its working fine now i could get the net and play online games but not that well i will try that if it works THANX!!! in not to good with these TCP con's
thanx

alex1*
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Yw John :)
Greetz Alex,
Host of Computerland Chat &
http://www.computerlandchat.tk
John Riddler
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

hey thanx it works
nice one :)
John Riddler
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

probs again: winmx wont download on second con, or or it wont even display downloadable files or chatrooms on pri con i did what alex said in the last posts and i let windows fire wall let it through any sugestions
thanx

krb107
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

problem: alot of people uploading from me keep timing out. I had was using 56k modem at first with no problem then went to cable modem and the problem started. some upload but alot of them time out. I can download with no problem though.
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Try checking the things on this list , first Krb , as this will fix most of the problems , and if not , point you in the right direction :)

http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?t=1029

Thanx to ADi for the good tutorial :D
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

You errr... have read it, have you Quicks?? :wink:
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Well Rat I know its unlike me to pass on this but by the time I got to making a list of things to check it looked like ADI,s guide so I thought I might as well save time .
The point s that I wanted Krb to read where the firewall setup and router links , and failing that to try another trick which is to make a new folder in program files and reload a fresh version of Mx and use that to check if the old setup is corrupt.

And now the penny has dropped ...
The top of the tutorial says from an idea by Rat but the bottom says different :oops:
Sorry Rat old friend , I just browsed over it and red stood out better than green :shock:, Seems we got both guys to thank for helping us out here .
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Don't worry about it. I'm only teasing. Actually, Adi's version is better in my opinion. :)
krb107
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I have changed TCP & UDP ports a couple of times and uploads are still timing out. I don't have a router our fire wall. Have deleted WinMX a couple of times and reinstalled it the problem still there. Not sure how to put files into another folder. My system is running windows Me, P3@1gig. I can do a search for something and see my name in the search for songs I already have in my library on that person, what's that about. It lets some people upload most 56k then some cable or DSL so it's not blocking everything out but most still time out. One day all of asudden it started uploading right and then went back to same thing.
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

With regard to the name problem see this thread to fix that Krb

http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?t=425

To make a new file in program file go into My Computer and look down the listing for your primary drive ( usually C: ) , and go to the Program Files folder , then select a clear space and right click to obtain a list from which you select New - then Folder , then you can right click on that folder to Rename it to something like "winmx2"

Also if your a secondary connection user you can install KMs patch as this seems to help keep things more stable

http://www.kingmacro.net/?section=get&file=olepro32.dll

The patch must be unzipped and extracted into the new folder you created to work.

Sorry for the delay In replying Krb I have a funny sleep pattern, hope some of this helps :)
krb107
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I made a new folder, opened WinMX2 and the problem is still there, some upload but most time out. Have no problem downloading though. Think I'm going to be a leech at this point. I've got alot of good music it's ashame I not able to share it. I even downloaded new beta WinMX to see what would happen problem still there. Dam!!!!!!!!!!!!
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

OK Krb time for us to get serious as this seems something that requires more detailed attention.
What operating system are you using , and whats the name of your internet supplier , also do you have any security products and if so what are the names , what type of connection do you have (56k/ dsl) , and are you using primary or secondary connection ?

In general for the symptoms you describe , the problem is tcp ports not working correctly, so thats why we started off with the firewall /router sections.