Eudora Email service

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

does anyone use this or know how to properly set up an account with it? im trying to set it up here at school and have everything set up properly i believe, but it seems that it has trouble connecting to the webmail for cricketmx...battye or anyone if you could help, it would be appreciated! :D

it basically says that the connection was refused for the error :?

ne help?
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Check that cricketmx and eudora are not arguing over authentication issues such as passwords and SSL. Also, maybe battye can tell you if the server uses any non-standard ports.
Red XIII

it was the security program that was supposed to be used with the eudora...Kerberos i think the name is, i switched that to Password for authentication style....thanks Rat....
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

No problem. I've used eudora for years but I've always tried to avoid kerberos (I don't like the look of his teeth).
Red XIII

ok now i can send it to ne one at Cricketmx.com email fine, but the other ones it wont let me...do i have to authenticate every @xxxxxx.xxx string?? :?
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Do you have the full version of Eudora installed?
If so, look in the options>tools menus and you'll find a bit about sending mail. It says something like (and I'm guessing cos I'm at work and don't have it here) 'domain to use for unqualified addresses'. The field is probably blank and is only there to override Eudora's assumptions. If you don't add a different domain in that field Eudora will assume that if you don't add the back half of addresses (after @) that you are sending to someone with the same server settings as yourself. I guess from what you say that you're using cricketmx as your main e-mail account so Eudora is probably assuming unqualified addresses are at cricketmx. Sooo.... as far as I can tell without seeing your setup is, all you need to do is use the full address of the recipient when you write new e-mail. If this seems like hard work to you - don't despair. In the first place Eudora has an address book just as most other e-mail clients do. Use it. Addresses in the book can "auto-complete" when you start typing them in the To: field. Secondly, Eudora remembers who you have previously mailed (from addresses in your in and out boxes) even if their address isn't in the book and can still auto-complete.
The password authentication shouldn't be a problem as long as you have set Eudora to remember your password. If not, you'll have to type it every time you want to access your mailbox. I've never had it refuse to send mail without a password.