New Mx Tools Client for WinMX 3.31 / 3.35

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Hmm this looks promising ... 8)
This is a "Nushi style " client for wpns chat (WinMX network system).
It is compatible with either variety of WinMx , and has the source code with the program which is released under a GPL licence . Ok enough of my waffle heres the link :D

http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/source ... ent0.1.exe

For more details get over to http://www.mxtools.net/software/ and read the page there under the software section.

Oh for those not used to first releases please wait a while for any positives or pitfalls to be posted as this will not be the final release and it may contain small bugs or flaws.

A big thanx goes out to JOSHUA who some of you may know is the owner of this site
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Hmm another release for us all :) . This one is version 0.2 .

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mxto ... e?download
Changes in version 0.2
Fixed a small bug with the right click menu and names with no ID numbers
Added a lag check to the right click menu
Added Multi-Line text box support for entering multiple lines of text at once (good for copy/paste) - Right click the input box to enable
Added the ability to pause the channel list loading to make it easier to find rooms
Set ID numbers to only be added if none exist, so you can set your own ID number, or use the default 00000
Fixed a minor bug with $NAME$ in the right click menu for users with short ID-less names
Thanx once again to MX Tools :)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Whoa !!! Hot on the heels of the last release is the latest update (version 0.3 ) . Get it from here .

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mxto ... e?download

And for the trivia /bug buffs amongst us :lol:
Changes in version 0.3: All I did was add multiple channel join ability
Hmm very useful , possibly not worthy of a seperate release but who,s complaining.. :lol: Thanx again to MXtools for this update 8)
ADi@/\/TUM
Flower Child
Flower Child

Nice
The Monthly world, daily struggle!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I reckon should be released as as v0.2.1 :?
If you go by the Linux Kernel numbering system, minor numbers (0.1, 0.3, 0.5 etc) are betas, alpha, or simply in development stage. Even numbers are stable releases (0.0, 0.2 etc) and are considered ready for the public. Any small updates just require another number on the end :lol: (0.2.1, 0.3.1, 0.4.1, 0.4.2 etc)

:)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

minor numbers (0.1, 0.3, 0.5 etc) are betas, alpha, or simply in development stage
I have had a few teething probs with this hybrid client so I suspect mabye he was following yout advice after all.. :lol:
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I borrowed this from Mxtools site for you all to read :) .
How to customise the menu's:

When you use one of the right click menu's a "Customise..." Option appears, if you select this option then the client configuration file will open in notepad (if it doesn't, open config.ini)

The configuration file contains 5 sections, the [USER] and [FAVOURITES] Sections are just for storing user settings and the favourites menu, you can ignore those.

The other 3 sections are:
[CHANNEL] Right click menu for In-Channel (where the text is displayed)
[USERLIST] Right click menu for selecting names on the user list
[SCROLL] Items to appear on the scroll menu's for the input box
Items are placed one on each line with a : at the start, just copy the existing items

If you want a list item to only show if the room host is using WinMX v3.53 then add 353@ to the start of the response, for example:
:Example Command=353@/action This channel is using WinMX v3.53
Similarly, for it to only show in a v3.31 room use:
:Example Command=331@/action This channel is out of date and still using WinMX v3.31

If both of these where placed on the menu then it would mean that you always had a "Example Command" option, but it produces different responses in v3.31 and v3.53 Channnels, if you only have one of them then it will only show on the list for that version
The default Configuration uses these options to create an RCMS Commands menu for v3.31 hosts and a v3.53 Command Menu for v3.53 hosts

This can also be done on the scroll wheel as well (as shown in the example configuration)

To add a seperator to the list use @SEPERATOR on a blank line (or @SEPERATOR=@ for only adding the seperator for certain versions as above)

Variables: The following variables can be used in the right click menu's response:
$NAME$ - The users name without ID numbers
$RAWNAME$ - The users full name with ID
$FILES$ - The number of files the evil leech, I mean user, has
$CONNETION$ - The users connection speed
And in v3.53 rooms if you are admin and set to view IP's on join then for users who joined after you there are also: $IP$ - Users IP
$HOSTNAME$ - The users Hostname (reverse DNS lookup on IP)
I,m sure its a little easier if your actually using it :D .