my uploads stop from users

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

retrodude1967
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

hi this is retrodude1967 in canada i was wondering my winmx and my internet account wont let peoples uploads stay uploading they stop all the time i have no routers or firewalls that i can see i would like to know how i can fix this problem if possible thanks
jeff m. biggs
Freggle
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Hey welcome!! I don't have any experience with the program but I'm sure somebody that does will help you out soon so the data can flow. Have fun on the website and watch out for Red and Boozy. They are dangerous... :D

....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... ....................... .......................
Last edited by Freggle on Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

i had this same problem for a while, what kind of connection are u using? otherwise go to the WinMX Community Chat/Help room they will help u there :D
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Retrodude, welcome :D
Have $250 for registering :P

What are your WinMX ports? If they are the default 6699 and 6257, try changing them to 16699 and 16257. I'm not sure what else to suggest :?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Usually upload problems are a result of blocked ports. Whether it be the ISP, firewall or router. So you need to investigate your settings in your firewall and your router if you have one.

btw I am moving this to the winmx section
ADi@/\/TUM
Flower Child
Flower Child

Anyone who is using XP needs to turn that firewall off and most people have internal modem firewalls which cause many problems.

Like grinch said check all the settings for anything that could have a firewall, and route some ports if need be
The Monthly world, daily struggle!