CricketMX online for 20 YEARS!

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

At this exact time, 20 years ago, I hit the install button on phpBB that brought CMX to life. In that first iteration, it was hosted by jmstacey (a name way back from the WinMX days, where most of us came from :lol:). Then a few months later it moved to cricketmx.com under the web hosting of Canaca. An eventful year of regular downtime followed, and the move was made to HostForWeb where we’ve been ever since! Many websites and stories later (online-scrabble, simulationcricket, lyricsmx, and a few others which didn’t really take off!) CMX is still here. Like most forums in 2024, we don’t necessarily have the insanely high daily post count we used to have in the mid 2000s, but I’m glad we still exist as the best community on the internet and a place that will always be here for you to drop into. If you’re reading this, THANK YOU for being part of this amazing group of people!

And it wouldn’t be an annual forum anniversary post if I didn’t throw out the idea of a reunion (viewtopic.php?t=6794) :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
moongirl

20 fabulous CMX years!
]Well done Battye!

Congratulations Battye! For forum longevity this is a real achievement. You have done an amazing job!
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I hadn't thought about jmstacey in years!

It's weird to see my old posts from when I was a very young adult and think about how much the world has changed since then.