The big CMX upgrade of 2022

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks, it was very long overdue :oops:
It's lucky you had a couple of different contact methods. I haven't heard back from Grinch, quahappy or nesman yet, and the only contact I have for P2P is an email address which bounced back, which I'm worried will be the case for a number of the people who haven't logged in for a while :(
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
moongirl

Rat wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:48 pmEek
Rat, it is good to see you again!
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

moongirl wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:13 pm Rat, it is good to see you again!
Thanks Moongirl.... It's good to be seen. :)

How've you been?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Another famous name from the past, I saw Omnist log in this morning, so I've added him to the roll call in the first post - Hi Omnist, I hope you'll stick around and jump into the discussions :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
moongirl

Rat wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:53 am
moongirl wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:13 pm Rat, it is good to see you again!
Thanks Moongirl.... It's good to be seen. :)

How've you been?
Life is good thank you Rat! I blinked and years rolled by! Happy to be back at CMX :)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn, it has been a while. Nice to see some familiar user names. The site looks good.
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Grinch wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:24 pm Damn, it has been a while. Nice to see some familiar user names. The site looks good.
Woooaaaahhhh!!! Hi Grinch. How's life treating you?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grinch wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:24 pm Damn, it has been a while. Nice to see some familiar user names. The site looks good.
He's back! How have you been going?

Anything much happen in the US over the last few years? :vmrgreen:

moongirl

Greetings Grinch, good to see you again :)
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I'm back, baby! The new theme looks slick, Battye.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Nes, I was happy when I found this theme because it's got the orange which has always been a part of CMX. :D
Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 10.27.46 pm.png
I was looking at the index page and it made me think we should do something special for all of the members who have been with CMX for so long, like yourself, Layzie, garmy, pokes, Beezer, Prog, etc seeing the Mods already have a special blue username colour.

I was thinking maybe a special new group could be made (something like "CMX Legends", "Forum Royalty", "Poster Emeritus", :?: ) so that the long-standing CMX members can have a special colour on the username too.

Does anyone have any ideas for a name or colour?

BeeZer
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

How about ... Super Mega Uber Galaxy Crushers
OR Guardians of the Galaxy (Maybe be some copyright issues around this name)
OR The Illuminati

Perhaps an Ochre with slightly brighter reds/yellow with light gray accent color. or maybe just dull Gray as a statement of muted grouchiness that all the previous admins have from dealing with idiots in WinMX chat from time to time.

My 2 Cents
From the Planet Kriket
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

battye wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:43 pm
He's back! How have you been going?

Anything much happen in the US over the last few years? :vmrgreen:
Still working in IT in the federal government space, so nothing new there. I did get divorced during the pandemic so that was fun. Other than that just doing my thing.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grinch wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:35 pmStill working in IT in the federal government space, so nothing new there. I did get divorced during the pandemic so that was fun. Other than that just doing my thing.
I'm sorry to hear that you went through a divorce.

I saw you mentioned in the Plex topic that you were working on federal systems, I loved the fact you were able to bypass their setup to get Plex streaming to your work computer. So tell us, which is the longest movie (or TV show?) you've been "paid" to watch? :P

I've never been bold enough to full screen any media at work, although I've been known to have the cricket on a background window from time to time :roll: (the trick is to just hover over the window in the task bar to see it, it's only postage stamp sized but with the bluetooth earphones the experience is good enough)
BeeZer wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:50 am How about ... Super Mega Uber Galaxy Crushers
OR Guardians of the Galaxy (Maybe be some copyright issues around this name)
OR The Illuminati
The Illuminati has a good ring to it!

Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

battye wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:52 pm The Illuminati has a good ring to it!
Or perhaps they all have the same ring? 💍