CricketMX celebrates double digits

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Today marks the 10th anniversary of CricketMX! :D

There is so much to celebrate about the history of this forum; a tight knit group of founding members who joined because of a shared interest in WinMX, followed by another group who have achieved the rare double of being important contributors at both CricketMX.com and phpBB.com have united over the years to contribute over 105,000 posts plus a lot of laughs and good memories here.

It's hard to believe how much the world has changed in the time that CricketMX has been online. In January 2004 the iPhone didn't exist, the TV show Friends was still airing new episodes and The Killers hadn't yet released the first album. Besides that, in the last 10 years America has seen a new president elected and Australia has seen 3 new prime ministers, the US closed the book on a distressing chapter in their country's history when they landed in Pakistan on May 2, 2011, the world has witnessed far too many natural disasters and to end on a happy note, the birth of Prince George means the line to the throne has been extended deep into the future. And it wouldn't be right if I didn't mention a cricketing statistic as well; when this forum started the state of the Zimbabwe Test cricket team hadn't yet plunged into chaos. That ship has since righted, and then stumbled again; possibly multiple times!

It is no understatement to say that while this forum has been around, the world has changed a lot. I hope this forum continues to be here as the world evolves and improves.

Thanks to everyone who has ever contributed here. 10 years is a huge achievement that we should all be proud of! :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
moongirl

.......................Image
Happy 10th CMX Anniversary Battye. Congratulations on this fabulous achievement =D>
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

Ditto indeed. There are many things that don't last ten years:

Cars, girlfriends, jobs, lightbulbs ( :P ), politicians, TV shows, and so on...

It great that CMX does last longer, there's not too many things that really connect me back to my past (even though I gasp at some of the things I posted).

Congrats Battye :D