[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2 Progress

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Clenzowen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

thank you very much.
Abera
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I think I messed mine up. This came up:

Creating table phpbb_quiz...

Creating table phpbb_quiz_questions...

Creating table phpbb_quiz_statistics...

Installation is finished with no errors.

Then this:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'zz_mk1.quiz_categories_table' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM QUIZ_CATEGORIES_TABLE ORDER BY quiz_category_name ASC

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_quiz.php
LINE: 172
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_quiz->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Abera, which page were you on when that error occurred? From the error, I assume the ACP?

Did you definitely update the files (in particular /includes/quiz/quiz.php - which is where QUIZ_CATEGORIES_TABLE is defined)?

Also, did you accidentally run quiz_installer.php from v2.1.0 instead of the one included in v2.1.1? Because in your message above it doesn't say "Creating table phpbb_quiz_categories..." :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Abera
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:Abera, which page were you on when that error occurred? From the error, I assume the ACP?

Did you definitely update the files (in particular /includes/quiz/quiz.php - which is where QUIZ_CATEGORIES_TABLE is defined)?

Also, did you accidentally run quiz_installer.php from v2.1.0 instead of the one included in v2.1.1? Because in your message above it doesn't say "Creating table phpbb_quiz_categories..." :)
I updated all of the files and ran the v2.1.1 installer. Some how I tend to think it was my fault as always. Looks like I'll have to start all over again.
Thanks and will get back.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Make sure that

Code: Select all

define('QUIZ_CATEGORIES_TABLE', $table_prefix . 'quiz_categories');
Is on the second last line of includes/quiz/quiz.php - if it is, then that file is okay and the problem lies elsewhere.

Edit: Something I just thought of... did you run quiz_installer.php before you uploaded the modified files?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Abera
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:Make sure that

define('QUIZ_CATEGORIES_TABLE', $table_prefix . 'quiz_categories');
Is on the second last line of includes/quiz/quiz.php - if it is, then that file is okay and the problem lies elsewhere.

Edit: Something I just thought of... did you run quiz_installer.php before you uploaded the modified files?
The includes/quiz/quiz.php is fine and I completely started over. All of the edits for the MOD and uploaded all of the new files. Then ran the install. Now it shows:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'phpbb_quiz' already exists [1050]

SQL

CREATE TABLE phpbb_quiz ( quiz_id INT(5) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, quiz_name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, quiz_time INT(20) NOT NULL, quiz_category INT(5) NOT NULL, user_id INT(8) NOT NULL, username VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, user_colour VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL )

BACKTRACE

FILE: quiz_installer.php

Sorry for all of the hassle. #-o
Thanks

PS
I did the MOD file edits over.
Abera
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Here is all that I'm seeing:

My quiz.php

db tables

Cats page

After sub
Thanks
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Post contents removed to avoid confusion with my new post below.
Last edited by quahappy on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you don't ask...
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

There is a missing comma in the quiz_installer.php (211 Alpha 2) file which will cause a syntax error during installation. Before running this file, you must edit quiz_installer.php and add a comma at end of following line:

Incorrect:

('qc_cash_column', 'user_points', 1)
Correct:

('qc_cash_column', 'user_points', 1),
Install will then work.

IF ACP Quiz module doesn't show; go to ACP > System (tab) > Module management : Administration Control Panel. To right of Quiz module is "Enable". Click on this. You may also need to Purge the cache as well: ACP > General (tab) : Purge the cache.

As battye mentioned, immediately create a new Category within ACP > UQM before proceeding any further (i.e. create quiz).

------------------------------------------------------------

New issue:

ACP > UQM > Create category. Entered a name then on Submit. Received this error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect integer value: 'General' for column 'quiz_category_name' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_quiz_categories (quiz_category_name) VALUES ('General')

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/acp/acp_quiz.php
LINE: 86

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_quiz->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Easily solved. I've altered (via phpMyAdmin):

quiz_category_namae INT(5) NOT NULL
to:

quiz_category_name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL
---------------------------------------------------------

Couple of questions although it's common sense from the "controller" really:

Will ACP > UQM be foolproof? Examples:

The maximum number of questions field MUST be greater than the minimum number of questions field. ATM, anything can be entered. Although on testing (create a Quiz) it didn't cause any conflict.

Maximum multiple choices - d/b accepts zero. Think this needs to be at least a minimum of Two. (true/false for example).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have any form of Cash/Points MOD so can't comment on this section.
Last edited by quahappy on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you don't ask...
Clenzowen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

good evening
when I want to start installing the update I get this error message.

Erreur générale
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'phpbb3_quiz_categories' already exists [1050]

SQL

CREATE TABLE phpbb3_quiz_categories ( quiz_category_id INT(5) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY , quiz_category_name INT(5) NOT NULL )

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175

FILE: quiz_installer.php
LINE: 48
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()
and

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/forumsfa/public_html/personnel/gratuits/arcades-et-jeux-35/quiz_installer.php:1) in /home/forumsfa/public_html/personnel/gratuits/arcades-et-jeux-35/includes/functions.php on line 2678
can u help me please
Abera
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

quahappy wrote:
New issue:

Easily solved. I've altered (via phpMyAdmin):

quiz_category_namae INT(5) NOT NULL
to:

quiz_category_name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL
Worked great for me.
Thanks
Abera
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

All is working fine for me, but I'd like to change a color.
Color change.
Thank you all for the help.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for picking those things up quahappy :cry: I have made and uploaded the changes, if anyone wants the updated package (only quiz_installer.php has changed).
And a good point about ACP validity checking - will add it to the list for 2.1.2 :)

Clenzowen - do you have phpMyAdmin? As quahappy mentioned, there was a mistake in the categories table query which made the category name a number instead of a string (words).

Abera, the colour is the same used as in polls.

Clenzowen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hello
how are you?
yes I have my php admin, what should I do to repair the error because of the sudden we can no longer play the quiz on the forum
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

In phpMyAdmin find the phpbb_quiz_categories table, click "Structure", then find "quiz_category_name". Edit that row by clicking the small pencil button. Change "Type" to VARCHAR and "Length/values" to 255 and submit the changes :)