[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2 Progress

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cable is back online now, I'll try and answer both of these posts tomorrow. Thanks for your patience :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

joschka wrote:many Thanks battye!! :D that was ist!

have you a any idea for this one?? :roll:
You want to show all results as numerics instead of percentage, yes? I can't help with this. Battye (UQM MOD developer) may be able to assist with this.

at least one value so that a winner can be determined

have a nice day
joschka, I guess you mean total correct answers? If so for both lines instead of:

Code: Select all

'PERCENTAGE'                => (($row['quiz_incorrect']+$row['quiz_correct'])<1) ? 0 : number_format((100*$row['sum_correct'])/($row['sum_incorrect']+$row['sum_correct']), 0) . '%',
Put:

'PERCENTAGE'                => $row['quiz_correct'],
:)

arsalan, what do you mean by prediction MOD? Yes it can be used like that now to a certain degree, but it depends on what exactly you need. Can you elaborate? Thanks :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
arsalan
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Currently you have to submit answer when you submit question.

I want to ask can we change or edit answer after submission of question?
IronDogg
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi battye,

I was just curious how development of this mod is coming along, and when the next release might be made available? :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

arsalan: yes you are able to edit questions and answers after they are submitted in the Quiz CP (if I recall!) :)

IronDogg, the last 6 months have been very busy in real life! It's just a case of getting back to UQM whenever some time presents itself! I do have quite a few ideas, including some mentioned by members of the community, which I am keen to implement :)

sotis
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

pcmander wrote:when i complete a quiz as a user, it shows this:
This quiz was neither saved nor submitted
This happened with foreign language characters . The problem I found was in quiz.php

$save_type = request_var('submit', '');
I changed it a little bit and it works now

$save_type = utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('submit', '', true));
There was one more problem with input questions and I changed one more line:

$given_user_input = request_var('question' . $give_question_id, ''); // raw input
to

$given_user_input = utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('question' . $give_question_id, '', true)); // raw input
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Recently when I've found a bit of time I've worked away at rewriting UQM. The previous version was getting too large and unwieldy from a code perspective, so I'm trying to use a bit more object orientation this time around. I've got it all set up on another computer at the moment so these are the only screenshots I've got handy:
uqm_submit.png
uqm_index.png
I'll post some more up soon with a bit more information about the new version :)

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Give us Beta Testers a nudge if and when you require our assistance battye. :)
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Will do quahappy, thank you. Things are progressing quite nicely so I expect that I will be looking for help testing quite soon :)

Here are a few more screenshots:
Statistics screen (more modules to be added still)
Statistics screen (more modules to be added still)
Results screen
Results screen
Playing a quiz
Playing a quiz

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Looking well good battye! Especially like the added text colours and boldness of questions. :D
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks quahappy, here is the latest screenshot. I spent quite a bit of time today finishing up the statistics modules. I know in the past "surveys" were a big feature request so I have included them on the stats page:
uqm_stats3.png
I realise you could ascertain the correct answers from looking at that page, so I have added a restriction that only administrators, the quiz author or anyone that has played the quiz can see the page. And in case anyone still thinks that is not restricted enough, it is pretty easy to disable any of the statistics modules :)

plasmino
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

ok have install ALPHA 1

error debug in quiz page ^_^

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /quiz.php on line 515: Undefined variable: auth_params
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's strange, I have debug mode on as well but I didn't get that error. Hopefully there are not any other undefined variables that went by unnoticed :?

Having said that I can see why the error is occurring. $auth_params is declared and initialised inside the while loop :)

Open quiz.php and FIND

$template->assign_vars( array(
			'L_STATS_UPPER'			=> strtoupper($user->lang['UQM_STATS_QUIZ']),
			'L_SUBMIT_UPPER'		=> strtoupper($user->lang['UQM_SUBMIT_QUIZ']),

'U_UQM_SUBMIT'			=> ($quiz_configuration->auth('submit', $auth_params)) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}quiz.$phpEx", 'mode=submit') : '',
In the third line, see $auth_params - replace that with $submit_auth_params

Before the $template->assign_vars line, put this code:

$submit_auth_params = array(
			'administrator' => $auth->acl_get('a_'), 
			'submit_setting' => $quiz_configuration->value('qc_admin_submit_only'), 
			'return_value' => true,
		);

plasmino
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

perfect fix :-)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fantastic :)

Have you seen any other debug errors yet? I am hoping that the $auth_params error was the only one :)