Browser Wars!

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Which Web Browser do you Like?

Internet Explorer
No votes
Mozilla Firefox
67%
Google Chrome
22%
Apple Safari
11%
Opera
No votes
Maxthon
No votes
Knoquorer
No votes
Netscape
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 9
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Shame Firefox doesn't allow for stand-alone beta versions as I'd be trying Firefox 4 as well. Like you, Rat, I have quite a few much needed add-ons. :)
If you don't ask...
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

quahappy wrote:Shame Firefox doesn't allow for stand-alone beta versions as I'd be trying Firefox 4 as well. Like you, Rat, I have quite a few much needed add-ons. :)
Eh? You can do that. I have firefox 4 beta 8 installed now, but I still have my other, older, slower, more annoying firefox too.
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Well blow me down with a foxy wind generator. So You can. And I have. Thanks, Rat. :)

Wooooweeeeee! Impressive. More webpage visibility, although I tend to use Full Screen a lot anyway. It's certainly a LOT faster. I also like simple layout. All options easily accessible. Adblock works with it and so does my browsing protection toolbar. Neat. Going to play some more. :D

Couldn't see the "Feedback" option though....
If you don't ask...
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

quahappy wrote:Couldn't see the "Feedback" option though....
Yessir. It was moved in beta 8 so it's not so obvious anymore - I guess that means the developers think they're near to their goal now. Having said that I submitted feedback this morning cos upgrading from beta 7 to beta 8 caused some firewall stability problems for me and I needed to do a clean install to fix it.
Anyway, if you want to send feedback, click the nice big orange firefox button, and then on the arrow next to "help". You'll see "send feedback" as an option there. Clicking it takes you to the appropriate site.
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Thanks, Rat. :)

I have to say, I'm actually excited and looking forward to the public release of FF4. Not many things get me excited these days. :lol:
If you don't ask...
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Anyone tried (or now have) IE9? I lovingly (sarcasm intended) downloaded and installed it a few days ago. Took ages to install and had to restart PC. Anyhow, IE9 fired up and I proceeded to load any random websites. Well? Yep - the fact that MS claim IE9 is faster than FF or any other browser is actually, true. It's very fast.

Shame that after ten minutes, it crashed.

Then I ended up with two Google toolbars.

Some websites were not displayed correctly.

Pressing F11 (full screen) disabled my explorer taskbar and I had to either press Windows key to access it or exit full browser window.

What I did like:

Apart from fast webpage loading. I liked the info section that shows which add-ons (if you have any installed) slows down your browser performance and speed.

Less clutter and more webpage view.

It's fast.

I'm STILL sticking with FF eagerly awaiting FF4. :)
If you don't ask...