LimeWire Pirate Edition

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

p2p-sharing-rules

"Horde of piratical monkeys" creates LimeWire: Pirate Edition

LimeWire Pirate Edition
Based on LimeWire 5.6 beta
All the features of LimeWire PRO:
Turbo-charged downloads
Optimized search results
AVG Anti-Virus
Built-in torrent search
No toolbars, adware or spyware
No connection problems

LimeWire Pirate Edition is free, open source software based on the final beta version of the popular LimeWire filesharing application. After Lime Wire LLC stopped distributing its software in October 2010, a horde of piratical monkeys climbed aboard the abandoned ship, mended its sails, polished its canons and released it FREE to the community to help keep the Gnutella network alive.

LimeWire Pirate Edition is pure P2P software; it does not depend on any servers operated by Lime Wire LLC or other companies. It does not include any adware or spyware, and it cannot be remotely monitored or shut down.

Download links:
Win Mac Linux.rar: torrent

Windows
torrent
4shared
iFile.it
MediaFire
MD5 of installer: 7a96f2da87a7cfc6f10ab6a325ec0e48

Linux (Ubuntu/Debian)
4shared
MediaFire
MD5 of installer: e7de0b7ee7fa5305407886d965b38661

Mac
4shared
MediaFire
MD5 of installer: d827a7ce4e64d4d4546f6b59f5b60ca1
Sourcecode
Last edited by p2p-sharing-rules on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Removed dead download links.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I heard LimeWire got closed down which is sad because it's probably one of the last traditional P2P networks? Had you ever used the program P2P? I hadn't ever used it myself, but it's good to see the community rallying together to keep it alive like what happened with WinMX.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
p2p-sharing-rules

They might've shutdown LimeWire the company, but LimeWire is still alive thanks to it being open source. There's also alternative apps that connects to the Gnutella network. So all they really did was take out the corp. fish that was profiting from p2p and its users moved to other Gnutella clients, other p2p apps/networks or are using the LimeWire Pirate Edition.

Yes Battye, I've tried LimeWire before. I couldn't find stuff I wanted to download at that time I tried it, I didn't care much for its GUI and that it uses java. I never really liked apps that use java. I ended up going back to WinMX and learned to pirate using other sources. The older BearShare is still kicking around too being a thorn in the back of the music industry like WinMX, OpenNap etc. ;)
p2p-sharing-rules

The LimeWire Pirate Edition website was shutdown.
The RIAA has claimed in court papers that the official LimeWire company has breached last month’s court injunction against it by somehow having something to do with LimeWire Pirate Edition. The RIAA says that the site, which linked to the rogue software, was created by a current or former LimeWire employee. This forced the company to move against the Pirate Edition website and have it shut down.
torrentfreak
Manhunt! LimeWire, RIAA both search for "Pirate Edition" creator
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

p2p-sharing-rules wrote:The LimeWire Pirate Edition website was shutdown.
Yes, but according to Torrent Freak, the pirate edition software is still available from other sites.