Instructions on HTML

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

amsd2dth
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I've taken a class on HTML, but really no idea how to do it. (Frontpage, too, but I take it this is about doing it manually :wink: ) Anyhow, is there a site that I can go to with all of the codes listed nicely, user friendly, etc? :lol: I like it nice and easy! Am willing to learn!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey amsd, CricketMX has very basic HTML, just adding pictures and text. In v1.06 I'll be adding an area where you can add music (probably just mp3 and wav to start with). At the moment my downloads page is down, but I will try and get it up soon :)

The scripts in CricketMX are pretty easy to remember, so I hope you learn something from them :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
amsd2dth
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Is CricketMX a program??? :oops:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

No not really, you don't need to install it or anything, you just unzip it. There's not really a word to describe it :lol:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
amsd2dth
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

ok, i get it when you get the downloads section up right. i'm really not an idiot, promise! :oops:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is there anything in particular you want to learn? CricketMX at the moment only supports text and pictures, but you can add more if you wish :)

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

You have said that this is a basic program. If you understand html and know how to use it can a user make it more advanced? I learn stuff rather quickly and I have heard HTML can be fairly simple. So I am wondering if I learn HTML can I make my website more advanced?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you learn HTML, you won't need CricketMX :P

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

That makes sense Battye but couldn't you use CricketMX and HTML knowledge in conjunction with eachother to make a decent website rather quickly? Maybe I am off base since I haven't played with this yet. I just downloaded it a few minutes ago.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes you can use the two together :)

Decent? Well, it depends on how much HTML you know...

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

that is what I was wondering. Thanks battye. I will have to play around with this and get a feel for it.
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

HTML is not that simple really... do u know what is stands for?? i went to a site where it gives you a 7 day tutorial on how 2 do it, i learnt the whole tutorial in 30 mins, so in 1 sense you can say its simple but in another its not, depends how u fast you can observe..

but anyway here it is.

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/primers/basics.html
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes I do Boozy. I learn things rather quickly so it shouldn't be too hard. Benn playing with Front Page a little and you can view what you stuff looks like in HTML and it makes sense. I'll have to check that tutorial out when I get a chance.
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

coffeecup is the prog u want, not only do it let you see what you are doin (preview) but its like using word, you insert what u want and it puts the source in for you, its cool if u wanna cheat..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

So Coffeecup is like FrontPage too?