Event Calendar RSVP

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

havocwreaker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

OK everything is done...sorry it took me a while I will now verify its working as it should.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you able to post a screenshot of the index page (with an alert appearing)? I'd like to make sure it is appearing as it should :)

Thanks
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
havocwreaker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

hmmm...
I am getting this when I set an alert. What could I have done wrong?

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect integer value: 'Today' for column 'alert_text' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_alerts (user_id, alert_text, alert_time, alert_day, alert_day_before, alert_week, alert_week_leading, alert_global) VALUES ('53', 'Today', 1265353200, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_alerts.php
LINE: 100
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: ucp_alerts->main()

FILE: ucp.php
LINE: 325
CALL: p_master->load_active()
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you look in phpMyAdmin, is the column alert_text set to be of type VARCHAR(255) ?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
havocwreaker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Whoops sorry i got it.
`alert_text` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ,

I had it set to int...I'm drowsy
havocwreaker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hmmm...It keeps telling me this date even though I put in today's date:
Your alert for 04 Feb 2010, 23:00 has been submitted to the database. You will be notified this many days before each event:
On the day
Day before
Attachments
Mod.pdf
PDF
(409.31 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does anything appear on your index page? (purge the cache from the ACP before you look)

If not, can you go into the phpbb_alerts table in the database and post the number you see in the "alert_time" field.

havocwreaker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I get this on the index page

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 135: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 136: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4202: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3494)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3494)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3494)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4206: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3494)
The DB time is:

Attachments
Mod.pdf
(713.56 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

That certainly is very strange. I just want to confirm two things..

1) what does the forum clock say on the index page? is that showing the correct time or is that also slow?
2) what timezone have you selected in your profile?

To get rid of those other errors, in index.php FIND;

$rsvp_yes_percent = number_format(($rsvp_yes / $rsvp_total), 0);
      $rsvp_no_percent = number_format(($rsvp_no / $rsvp_total), 0);
REPLACE WITH

$rsvp_yes_percent = ($rsvp_total < 1) ? 0 : number_format(($rsvp_yes / $rsvp_total), 0);
      $rsvp_no_percent = ($rsvp_total < 1) ? 0 : number_format(($rsvp_no / $rsvp_total), 0);

havocwreaker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Index page time is: It is currently 06 Feb 2010, 03:22

Time Zone: UTC -8 Pacific Standard Time
havocwreaker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Other errors gone.

Thank you for all of this help.
havocwreaker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I'm going to have to go to bed now. My eyes are closing. I'll check this in the morning to see if there is anything I can troubleshoot. Thank you for staying around to assist me.
havocwreaker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Any thoughts why this could be happening?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you enter the exact same set of times here at CMX (UCP -> Alerts) as you do on your site, what results do you get?

Make sure the timezone you are in is the same, for consistency.

havocwreaker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Wow,

I enter today's date and I get:
Your alert for Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:00 pm has been submitted to the database. You will be notified this many days before each event:
On the day
Day before

Could it be something with the Pacific time setting? It's weird that this site does the same as mine. Both go back 2 days.