Need help with a phpBB2 MOD

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

thesims wrote:I have done that already, there's only one <br /> in that screenshot.

Sounds good, I will keep this forum in my bookmarks. :)

And the actor is called C.S. Lee, he had roles in Dexter, Chuck and The Sopranos. Funny guy.
LMAO!! I meant this girl: Image :lol: :lol: :lol: She looks like the actress on Glee.
Anyway, thanks a lot for your help, I really, really.... really appreciate. The one other person who offered to help me tried to get the login info to the admin account on the forum and I didn't trust him at all. I am glad you offered to write the MOD for me. We need more people like you on the Internet, lol.

Oh and do you want me to mention your name somewhere ?
I can give you the credits for the MOD and add a link if you wish.
Thanks, you're welcome :) You are welcome to link to http://www.cricketmx.com or http://forums.cricketmx.com if you wish. I'll leave it up to you :)

Are you able to take a screenshot of the UCP page where the users enter the languages? I think it be possible to clean that up a little bit, I remember at the time thinking it's going to be a lot of text in bold.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
thesims
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Code: Select all

http://centerian.free.fr/langdawson/images/UCP.jpg
Oh, you mean THAT avatar. :P Indeed, that's Dianna Agron from GLEE. Gorgeous isn't she ?

Alright, I am very likely to create a thread explaining the extra features on the forum (flags, custom title, etc.) so I will mention your name and link to your website. :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

thesims wrote:Image
Ah, that is how I thought it might look. I can give you the code to make it look like the Custom Titles text below it if you want? Or if you are happy with the way it is now, we can leave it at that.
Oh, you mean THAT avatar. :P That's Dianna Agron from GLEE. Gorgeous isn't she ?
Oh yeah! I watched Glee for a little while but then I missed a few episodes and haven't caught up. I guess I should try and get the latest episodes, it was a pretty good series.
Alright, I am very likely to create a thread explaining the extra features on the forum (flags, custom title, etc.) so I will mention your name and link to your website. :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
thesims
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Well can you make it look like the rest of the UCP fields ?

Yeah it's an awesome show, such a shame they stopped airing it until April 13th because of American Idol. It's so colorful, I just love it. Don't know if they'll be able to make it last several seasons though. :o
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

In viewtopic_body.tpl FIND:

<td class="row1"><span class="explaintitle">{L_USERFLAGS}:</span></td>
REPLACE WITH:

<td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_USERFLAGS_TITLE}:</span><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_USERFLAGS}</span></td> 
In language/lang_english/lang_main.php FIND:

$lang['Userflags'] = 'Enter the languages you speak, separating each language by commas. These are the abbreviations you need to use: (Chinese: cn, German: de, Spanish: es, Greek: gr, Hebrew: il, Italian: it)';
BEFORE ADD

$lang['Userflags_title'] = 'Language flags';
In viewtopic.php FIND:

'L_USERFLAGS' => $lang['Userflags'],
BEFORE ADD

'L_USERFLAGS_TITLE' => $lang['Userflags_title'],
Yeah it's an awesome show, such a shame they stopped airing it until April 13th because of American Idol. It's so colorful, I just love it. Don't know if they'll be able to make it last several seasons though.
Oh it's on hiatus is it? I guess it means I've got a while to catch up on it, or I could wait until the end of the season and watch from start to finish... decisions, decisions :)
It has been renewed for a second season, it's ratings are very good.

thesims
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Lol, I think you have the file names mixed up. :P
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, I think you're right. I've been dealing with viewtopic.php too much over the past hour or so :wink:

I meant includes/usercp_register.php

It's funny we are talking about Glee, I mentioned the show in another post (http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.p ... 871#p98871) only a few days ago. I have a couple of the songs from the show on my iPhone. :)

thesims
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Edited profile_add_body.tpl so that the style would be identical for every UCP field.

I love the show so much, I actually buy the songs on iTunes rather then download them for free. Don't Stop Believin' is definitely one of my favorites, along with Alone, True Colors, Endless Love and Imagine. If you haven't seen the episode where they sing with the deaf students, YOU MUST SEE IT NOW. :shock:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I love the show so much, I actually buy the songs on iTunes rather then download them for free. Don't Stop Believin' is definitely one of my favorites, along with Alone, True Colors, Endless Love and Imagine. If you haven't seen the episode where they sing with the deaf students, YOU MUST SEE IT NOW. :shock:
I purchased Don't Stop Believin' off iTunes :) 255 plays since September.
I haven't seen that episode. I probably saw the first 5, before I starting missing episodes. I think the last one I saw was when the wife told her friend that she wasn't really pregnant... so please no spoilers :mrgreen:
thesims wrote:Edited profile_add_body.tpl so that the style would be identical for every UCP field.
Haha, yes... I mixed that file up too. I meant profile_add_body.tpl not viewtopic_body.tpl

Is it all working now, and looking like the UCP should?

thesims
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

http://centerian.free.fr/langdawson/images/newUCP.jpg
Only 63 plays on iTunes....

but trust me, I listened to it a thousand times on my iPod. I had a vocal technique course during my first semester of college and we would make it play at the end of every class and sing it out loud. :lol:

I'm sure you can find some website streaming the episodes for free. :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey that looks fantastic! :)
With regards to finding the episodes, we have our ways :wink:

thesims
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I know it does. I had some help !! :wink:

Well, good luck finding them then. I downloaded a few, but I think I will buy the CDs and the DVD when I have the money. I actually feel bad for stealing from Glee. :|