[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2 Progress

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi LittleTiger, thank you for your kind comments :)
One of CMX's long standing topics is http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3 if you would like to vote :)

Yes, all of the data is in the database to make this happen. I will need a few days to have a look at this though because I am very busy, but if necessary I will post the code changes required to allow this to happen.

In answer to the other questions:

Group restrictions haven't been added yet.
Statistics to the quiz creator - this should be a simple code change (it's been a while since I've had a chance to look at the UQM code, so this is just off the top of my head) which I can look into for you as well.
Password protection - CMX is running the previous version of UQM, v2.0.0 from memory :)

CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Namor76
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Any chance of being able to get the latest and greatest Quiz mod ?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not a problem Namor76, welcome to the forum :)
I have sent you a PM with the link.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Jjames
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi there!
Can I get the latest version of this quiz modul? I would like to testing and make a hungarian language file.

thx a lot!
jjames
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not a problem Jjames :D
I have sent you a PM :)

MCInferno
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi, is there a way to test this version for my (german) Bad Taste Bears Forum.

Regards
Mc
fastgil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Bonjour

bravo pour votre mod qui est énorme comme on dit en france lol

j'ai la version : Ultimate_Quiz_MOD_v200_beta3b
si vous avez une version supérieure, je veux bien le lien

j'ai trouver un moyen de faire un quizz aussi en image avec votre version mais ne serait il possible de l'integret directement

je m'explique. j'ai mis en place des images dans une catégorie smileys
donc quand je creais mon quizz je met le racourci de l'image qui est dans mes smileys pour la faire apparaitre dans le quizz et je rajoute a la suite donner moi juste le nom de cet acteur ( si j'ai mi une image d'un acteur )

il faudrait rajouter le moyen d'ebrger une image directement dans un dossier du ftp special pour le quizz pour pouvoir faire des quizz avec des images image

c'est juste une idée ;)

encore bravo pour ce superbe mod

Hello

Congratulations for your mod is great as they say in France lol

I have version: Ultimate_Quiz_MOD_v200_beta3b
if you have a later version, I will link

I find a way to make a quiz also image with your version but it would be possible to directly integret

Let me explain. I set up images in a category smileys
So when I created my quiz I put the shortcut in the image that is in my smileys to make it appear in the quiz and I added a more just give me the name of the actor (if I have half a picture of an actor)

should add a way to ebrger an image directly into a special folder for FTP to be able to quiz quizzes with images images

it's just an idea ;)

Congratulations for this great mod
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello fastgil :)

Thank you for your kind words. :D

If you already have a lot of quizzes in your database, please don't try and replace your current system with v2.1.1 (I have sent you the link to v2.1.1 in a private message). The database formats for quizzes are different in v2.0.0 and v2.1.1 (they are not compatible). So please only use v2.1.1 for testing purposes, don't use it to replace your current system or else you will lose the quizzes that you currently have!
Let me explain. I set up images in a category smileys
So when I created my quiz I put the shortcut in the image that is in my smileys to make it appear in the quiz and I added a more just give me the name of the actor (if I have half a picture of an actor)
To help me understand what feature you mean, could you please provide a screenshot (screen capture)?

---------

I have used Google Translate for this...

Bonjour

Merci pour vos aimables paroles.

Ne pas essayer de remplacer votre v2.0.0 existants avec les nouveaux v2.1.1! Il n'ya pas de script de mise à convertir quiz de la base de données en v2.0.0 au format correct en v2.1.1.

Pour m'aider à comprendre ce dispositif que vous voulez dire, pourriez-vous s'il vous plaît fournir un screenshot (capture d'écran)?

fastgil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

voici un screen shoot

il faudrait créer la possibilité de mettre une image qui sera mise dans un fichier du FTP et qui sera redimensionner dans le quizz automatiquement en gardant les proportions.

Voila une possibilité de faire des quizz d'image

it would create the possibility of an image that will be put into a file and FTP will automatically resize the quiz, keeping proportions.

Here is an opportunity to quiz image

Thank you for the beta version I will install

Thank you again and great job
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you mean that you want be able to upload an image from within the quiz?

fastgil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

hello

yes exactly, the possibility of an image directly in the questionnaire
hywel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi battye, could you please provide me a download link for your latest Ultimate Quiz MOD? I'd like to try it out, thanks!
Also, thanks to plasmino for working at the italian translation.

EDIT
Attached is my version for the italian translation of the MOD (some lines were missing from plasmino's version, also I fixed some things I think had to get tweaked - scegliete voi la versione migliore)

EDIT2
I've successfully installed the MOD, everything's working but unfortunately there are various features missing. Here's what I really think is missing from 2.1.11alpha2a:
  • category description
  • quiz introduction text
  • bbCode option
  • question forms like true/false, input answer and multiple choice
  • users can/cannot play their own quizzes
  • time limits
  • quiz save and resume
  • "best results" stat
  • "most played" stat
  • "most correct answers" stat
  • "highest percentage of correct answers" stat
And here's what I'd like to see, beside the declared features (unfortunately missing from the actual version):
  • group permissions (this is by far the most needed to me)
  • utf8 text (ok I found your fix -with the help of this post too-, thanks)
  • specific icon in overall_header
  • users shouldn't be allowed to play a quiz more than once
  • chance to put the acp module inside the parent .mod module (I've tried that and the quiz module isn't showing at all)
  • button image for creating a new quiz
  • naming the quiz on the same page where you add questions
  • setting the correct question on the same page where you add them all
  • exact name of the author (as for now, all nicks get lowercased)
  • hell4ween wrote:In the table of statistics, it is necessary to record the id of question and answer, then when editing will not spoil the statistics.
  • correct answer in quiz_results shouldn't be explained (correct: you voted x, x was the correct answer / should just be: correct: you voted x).
  • when questions get sent to the database, in case they're longer than 255 chars a general error pops out; however a partial quiz gets sent, but it is missing the whole questions. I'd like the mod to say questions are too long without popping out a general error, and also without sending a partial quiz to the database
I can't think of anything else at the moment, but will get you updated.
Please keep udpating this MOD as it's a cool improvement to a forum, thanks.

Cheers
Attachments
it_plasmino&hywel.zip
(3.63 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Last edited by hywel on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdelvalle
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi battye,

Can I have a download link to test this mod please?

Thank you.
hywel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Here are the edits for editing quizzes with utf8 characters:

Code: Select all

---OPEN quiz.php---

---FIND---

$quiz_name = request_var('quiz_name', $quiz_information['quiz_name']);

---REPLACE WITH---

$quiz_name = request_var('quiz_name', $quiz_information['quiz_name'], true);

---FIND---

$question_name	= request_var('question_name_' . $i, '');
			$answer		= request_var('user_answer_' . $i . '_' . $answer_count, '');
			$correct_answer	= request_var('user_answer_' . $i . '_' . request_var('answer_' . $i, -1, true), '');

---REPLACE WITH---

$question_name	= request_var('question_name_' . $i, '', true);
			$answer		= request_var('user_answer_' . $i . '_' . $answer_count, '', true);
			$correct_answer	= request_var('user_answer_' . $i . '_' . request_var('answer_' . $i, -1, true), '', true);
Cheers
drsomm
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi.

What about a little JavaScript countdown timer that shows the overall remaining time (that it retrieves automaticall via MySQL)?

Something like this:

Code: Select all

<xmp>
<!-- COUNTDOWN TIMER -->

<!-- This goes in the HEAD of the html file -->

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!-- Copyright 2006, Sandeep Gangadharan -->
<!-- For more free scripts go to http://www.sivamdesign.com/scripts/ -->

<!--
var sec = 40;   // set the seconds
var min = 01;   // set the minutes

function countDown() {
   sec--;
  if (sec == -01) {
   sec = 59;
   min = min - 1; }
  else {
   min = min; }

if (sec<=9) { sec = "0" + sec; }

time = (min<=9 ? "0" + min : min) + " min and " + sec + " sec ";

if (document.getElementById) { document.getElementById('theTime').innerHTML = time; }

SD=window.setTimeout("countDown();", 1000);
if (min == '00' && sec == '00') { sec = "00"; window.clearTimeout(SD); }
}
window.onload = countDown;
// -->
</script>

<style type="text/css">
<!--
 .timeClass {
  font-family:arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif;
  font-weight:normal;
  font-size:10pt;
  }
-->
</style>

<!-- This goes into the BODY of the file -->

<table width="100%">
 <tr><td width="100%" align="center"><span id="theTime" class="timeClass"></span></td></tr>
</table>
</xmp>
[edit] Ops. I'm using the phpBB 2.x version of the MOD. No timer there.