[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2 Progress

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Clenzowen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hello,
fr translation is done and available here
http://arcadesetjeux35.forumsfaciles.co ... 9845#p9845
if there is a translation problem thank you for letting me know so I change the files.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can't access that link Clenzowen :(
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Clenzowen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I did not check the permissions of the forums.
I have not added any online files indicating having en translations do not worry lol
The message is now available Battye

The forum is also accessible to guests so feel free to give me one or translation errors that I corrected that.
Livirathon
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:Ahhh, the foreign characters always get me :(

The fix mainly consists of adding a "true" parameter at the end of the request_var function.

CATEGORIES

Code: Select all

--------------OPEN includes/acp/acp_quiz.php--------------------

-----------FIND----------------

// Now do the actual update, fix up the category name first.
					$category = utf8_normalize_nfc( $db->sql_escape(request_var('category_name', '')) );

-------------REPLACE WITH-------------

// Now do the actual update, fix up the category name first.
					$category = $db->sql_escape( utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('category_name', '', true)) );

---------------FIND---------------

if( !check_form_key('uqm_category') )
					{
						trigger_error($user->lang['ACP_UQM_QUIZ_FORM_INVALID'] . adm_back_link(append_sid("{$phpbb_admin_path}index.$phpEx?i=quiz&t=add_category")));
					}

$category = utf8_normalize_nfc( $db->sql_escape(request_var('category_name', '')) );

---------REPLACE WITH------------

if( !check_form_key('uqm_category') )
					{
						trigger_error($user->lang['ACP_UQM_QUIZ_FORM_INVALID'] . adm_back_link(append_sid("{$phpbb_admin_path}index.$phpEx?i=quiz&t=add_category")));
					}

$category = $db->sql_escape( utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('category_name', '', true)) );

EDIT: here are the fixes for adding/playing quizzes

---OPEN quiz.php---

---FIND---

$check_correct	= $quiz_configuration->check_correct_checked($current_questions); // see if the user has left any empty
			$quiz_name	= request_var('quiz_name', '');	

---REPLACE WITH---

$check_correct	= $quiz_configuration->check_correct_checked($current_questions); // see if the user has left any empty
			$quiz_name	= request_var('quiz_name', '', true);	

----OPEN includes/quiz/quiz_question.php----

---FIND---

for($i = 0; $i < request_var('question_number', 0); $i++)
		{
			$question_name	= request_var('question_name_' . $i, '');
			$answers_name	= request_var('answers_' . $i, '');
			$multiples 	= explode("\n", $answers_name);
			$correct	= request_var('answer_' . $i, '');

---REPLACE WITH---

for($i = 0; $i < request_var('question_number', 0); $i++)
		{
			$question_name	= request_var('question_name_' . $i, '', true);
			$answers_name	= request_var('answers_' . $i, '', true);
			$multiples 	= explode("\n", $answers_name);
			$correct	= request_var('answer_' . $i, '', true);

Then run these SQL queries to convert the database tables to utf8_bin (by default they are collated in latin or something, which is another thing that will be rectified with UMIL...)

----DATABASE----

ALTER DATABASE `phpbb_quiz` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;
ALTER DATABASE `phpbb_quiz_categories` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;
ALTER DATABASE `phpbb_quiz_questions` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;
ALTER DATABASE `phpbb_quiz_statistics` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;

Edit 2: screenshots of foreign characters working + the quiz play once setting below. I also found a bug whereby if the "show answers" config setting is disabled, then no quiz statistics are stored - that's fixed now :)
yes, it's work! but i use "Edit or Delete" they will change back "?????" :(

another question (not bug)
if i wan show the question is

A「かわいい いぬですね。」
B「ええ、わたしたちと あそべると おもって(   )。」
but in the Q always show

A「かわいい いぬですね。」B「ええ、わたしたちと あそべると おもって(   )。」
how to change line?
thewebmaster
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hey this seems to really a nice module. I have never tested this or seen this in action but it is looking cool.

I just want to call the quiz on external page and also the stats of the results on again on external page. Is that possible with this mod.

Also Can I have a copy to install the things on my forum and give you the test results.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

thewebmaster wrote:Hey this seems to really a nice module. I have never tested this or seen this in action but it is looking cool.

I just want to call the quiz on external page and also the stats of the results on again on external page. Is that possible with this mod.

Also Can I have a copy to install the things on my forum and give you the test results.
I'm not sure what you mean by calling it on an external page, but most of it is contained in classes (there is a quiz_statistics class, for instance) so including data on an external page shouldn't be overly difficult. If you can describe what you mean I could give you a better answer :)

And not a problem, I am PM'ing you with the link right now :)

Welcome to CMX thewebmaster :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
thewebmaster
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks, for the PM, received that.

Wondering about the installation instructions there but I am trying to do this from my end.

External page I explained in the PM as well. I simply mean calling a quiz and the results on a page outside the forum directory.

Regards,

Aka
thewebmaster
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Uploaded all the files from root dir to my forum ran the quiz_installer.php

everything went smooth and installation was successful. But I can not see the quiz or any other related Tab inside the admin panel.

Also can you help me with one thing my bgcolor is not coming up :(

http://sports.webhostie.com/forums/
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

thewebmaster, to install the ACP module you need to do this (this was listed in the MODX instructions):
To install the module, do this: "ACP -> System -> Module Management -> Administration Control Panel -> and select "Quiz" from the "add module list" on the bottom right."
I still don't know what you mean by calling a quiz page or poll, do you mean just linking to it or actually displaying it and having it work as a fully functional feature outside of the forum structure? An example of what you mean would be beneficial, thanks :)

Clenzowen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Good evening,
I wanted to install the mod on my new quiz forum.
When I wanted to launch "quiz_installer.php" I had the following general error, or it may come in please?
can you help me please, thanks

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '('qc_cash_correct', '50', 1), ('qc_cash_incorrect', '150', 1)' at line 10 [1064]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('qc_minimum_questions', '2', 1), ('qc_maximum_questions', '5', 1), ('qc_maximum_choices', '5', 1), ('qc_show_answers', '0', 1), ('qc_quiz_author_edit', '0', 1), ('qc_admin_submit_only', '0', 1), ('qc_cash_enabled', '0', 1), ('qc_cash_column', 'user_points', 1) ('qc_cash_correct', '50', 1), ('qc_cash_incorrect', '150', 1)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
    LINE: 175
    CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: quiz_installer.php
    LINE: 74
    CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()
WalterFD
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Having some problems...

I´m trying to run quiz_installer.php and i´m having this msg.... i´m logged as site admin... and no sucess to install it

Only administrators can run this installer.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

WalterFD: Open up (in Notepad) quiz_installer.php and remove this code:

if( !$auth->acl_get('a_') )
{
	trigger_error('UQM_INSTALLING_ADMIN_ONLY');
}
Then after executing the script, make sure you remove the file otherwise anyone can access it :)

Clenzowen: sorry for the delay :oops:
If you look inside phpbb_config, are the rows already there?

plasmino
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

please, Sent to me file for 2.1.1?

I have v2.1.0 Alpha 1

thanksssssssssssss
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not a problem plasmino, I've sent you a PM :)

plasmino
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

thanks, installed with not problem

italian language file
Attachments
it.zip
(3.65 KiB) Downloaded 292 times