Ultimate Quiz MOD development - post your feature ideas here

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

The time has come, tomorrow I will officially be starting work on UQM v2.0.0 :)

So submit your feature requests here, anything reasonable (something that will appeal to most UQM users) will probably be included. :)

Maybe tomorrow morning I will post a list of the different things I intend on including (if it was in v1.3.0, with the exception of quiz packs, it'll probably be in v2.0.0) but I thought it was a good idea to get the ball rolling now :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Good to hear battye! :D

Some ideas:

1. Multiple choice questions:

Ability to choose two to four answers.

2. Time per question:

Ability to choose different time according to Quiz type as Input Answers Quiz require more time over True / False which require a lot less time per question, whereby Multiple Choice a little more than True / False. Example:

True / False: 5 seconds
Multiple Choice: 10 seconds
Input answers: 15 seconds

This would also eliminate possible cheaters (if Quiz play set to once only).

3. Prevent Quiz being able to be restarted:

If Quiz can only be played once (set via UQM ACP), refreshing a Quiz in play, or clicking back in browser then selecting the same quiz results in "You've already attempted to play this Quiz!" message.

4. Extra UQM ACP option:

Ability to select and restrict access of UQM to a Usergroup

5. "Time remaining" displayed:

So Quiz players can see exactly how much time is remaining. Would also be great (if possible) to have the timer displayed at start and end of quiz in play (so no need to scroll back up to check time remaning).

... that's a few but look forward to your list too. :D
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay, here is a preliminary rundown:
  • Play types
    • Multiple choice
    • True or false
    • Input answer
    Play options
    • Live updating time limits
    • Unlimited multiple choices (admin definable)
    • Input answer
    • Quiz categories
    Stats
    • Most played quizzes
    • Most successful users
    • Most difficult quizzes (lowest % of correct answers)
    ACP
    • Users can only view/play a quiz once
    • Limit usergroups (allow/disallow options)
    • Time limit options based on quiz type
    • Ability to choose minimum/maximum number of quizzes
    • Choose a "quiz moderators" usergroup/s, who have the ability to edit/move/delete quizzes.
    Other
    • Upgrade path from phpBB2 UQM 1.2.0/1.3.x to be provided at a later date
    • Cash/points compatibility
That will do it for now, I will add more things as I think of them or as I get more suggestions.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Ladysarajane
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Definitely looking good.
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Quiz Authors - (Moderator controls: Edit Quiz)

Within phpBB2 UQM, editing a quiz does not display the correct answer (ticked radio box) - they are all blank. I know the correct answer for each question is stored in database but a visual would also help as it threw me off first time round thinking I had to tick all the correct answers again for True / False, Multiple Choice Quizzes before re-submitting a quiz with one question I had made a typo on lol.

Also, if this is to happen, ONLY Quiz Authors (not Admin / Quiz Moderators) should be able to see the correct ticked boxes in order to double-check answers. I think it is fair to say that majority has "Can Quiz Authors play own quizzes" is set to Off in Quiz ACP.

Other suggestions are here but I've listed them below to keep Ultimate Quiz MOD development - post your feature ideas here and Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.0.0 Progress on topic. ;)

Statistics section:

In phpBB2 UQM version, you could only view an individual quiz statistics by clicking on a link during a quiz. This is only workable if Play Once is turned off. Clicking on a Quiz within Statistics main page currently assumes you want to play that quiz. I've changed it at my site so individual quiz statistics can be viewed from statistics main page (quiz_stats.php). So for v2.0.0, will an extra column (or image link) be inserted on the Statistics page that allows a member to not only play a quiz, but view the quiz statistics? Also, it would be great if the quiz category could also be displayed possibly in brackets to right of quiz name.

Another idea:

Some sites with quizzes also give extra information / facts for the correct answer making things more informative. This I feel would be a great addition.
If you don't ask...
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Further to above, and another idea. Is it possible to implement an additional play type where it's possible to pick and mix them?
If you don't ask...
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Re: above post. D'oh! I already know that mixed questions are possible thanks to beta testing. ;)

Another suggestion coming up. This time to do with Statistics:

Display list of all quizzes with current 1st place high scorer member.

In phpBB2 UQM the two statistic blocks shown are:

1. All Time Highest Scores
2. Most Played Quizzes

New section if possible:

3. First place Quiz holders

Quiz name | First place holder (member)

... this is something members at my site had asked recently. The only way at present to view 1st place for any quiz is by clicking on each quiz in turn.

What you think battye? ;)
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've been really busy in the last fortnight, sorry for the lack of updates :(
The idea of a first place quiz holder statistics module sounds good to me. Might have to randomise it to display only 10 (or more) though (different 10 each time) otherwise it would create a very long list if there were many different quizzes submitted.

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Yep. I agree that if there are many quizzes the first place quiz holder statistics module would be extremely long.

Another alternative is to display all the categories in one block on the Statistics page and when a category is clicked on, then the list of first place quiz holder along with quiz name for a category is displayed? This would cut down on length of list but again, it all depends on number of quizzes per category. Could be an option in UQM ACP to define how many to display?

Or would it be easier to have an extra column in list of quizzes (to play - not in Statistics option) that displays current first place holder for each quiz when a category is clicked on? Example:

(Category header)
Ultimate Quiz Game :: Quizzes || Category :: History

(Columns)
Quiz Title | Author | Quiz type | Plays | 1st place holder
If you don't ask...