Another website by me

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

OK, first there are a couple misspellings, so ignore those

take a look at www.foleycomputers.com

and tell me what you think...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like a good start. I reckon the key to your success will be advertising.

You could go down the Google path, but that means your ads could be shown anywhere in the world.

If you are targeting a local area, you should look at advertising in local newspapers, local websites, etc. Maybe you have pin-up boards at the local shopping centre for this sort of thing? That could work too. Once you get a couple of happy customers, then word of mouth kicks in. And when you are talking about only a few suburbs/districts, this could result in exponential growth for your business.

Keep us posted :)

:)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am looking at launching a similar thing for my area. Kind of nice to see someone else doing it, looking at what you had gave me a couple of ideas.

As far as design goes, I would suggest adding some padding to your content. Right now the words hit the edges of your borders. I would also do the same to your links. This will just keep things from looking cramped. Overall not a bad start.

I would try and dedicate a lot of time to the look of the website. I couldn't tell you how many companies I have avoided strictly based on their web presence. Keep things simple and easy to use. A nice looking website can help you immensely. If you do plan on using ads, keep them minimal and avoid popups.

Good luck and keep us up to date on how business goes.

Craigslist would be a good place to advertise, it is free and you can submit an ad every day if you wanted.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

How's the business going?

I found a nice little application you may be interested in and will give you another tool to use in your endeavor.

http://www.crossloop.com

It is pretty cool and I am going to use it for my side project which should go live in about 2 weeks.