Winrejects again

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

I'd like to present my website, again?

Maybe a little rough, I didn't go with Olympus, I figured most of the people, in time, that will be visiting my site probably will have a hard enough time posting to it.

http://www.winrejects.net
p2p-sharing-rules

Cool good luck with the rebirth of your site. :)
BTW I deleted the duplicate post.
Layzie Bone

sorry, i didn't know that there was a duplicate. actually I forogt to put in a link to my site, would be kind of silly to tell all about my site without giving a link. I hit the stop button thinking i might have stopped it in time, after all my satelite is about 1200 ms lag.

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions, maybe some help for those who have spare time, and I by all means do intend to take away anyone's time away from here.
p2p-sharing-rules

No problem , I added your site to my bookmarks too.
prototech

Try using lighter colors to give it a welcoming feeling and it will also make it seem more open. Maybe a new design.. though that's something that I say to most people. :mrgreen: If you need help with any general images (no icons :lol: ) or styling your site, then just let me know.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congrats on getting your site back up Layzie. :) 8)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone

Only reason I use dark colors is because it's easier on the eyes, but i am considering your suggestion....
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Great to see you up a running again :D

Just a Suggestion:

There are already so many Great forums out there as well as people well known and promoted . Steve White, Major Geekes just to name two as well as many others who can be Easily be Googled.

This my be your intrest in a forum and things you know best. But I think if you want many hits and users you need to look at a less coverd field. Maybe something like MYspace , Frontpage coding and help or something in that range or nature.

Please take this a just a suggestion not a bash at you or your site.
Best of luck on what ever you do :)
Layzie Bone

who knows, what I may end up doing with the site, at $50 a year to keep the site up and running, I'm not real worried about being #1. I agree, there are a lot of sites pertianing to computer stuff, and those sites have comunities who know way more than I know. It used to be more of a bolt.com type of site, or rather thier con site boltsucks.com.

I dont want to make it a personal page, who care's what I think. I'm not that funny, want to read something that is funny go to maddox.xmission.com

If i were to try to do something like myspace, winrejects isn't the name to use.

I mean what comes to mind when you hear winrejects?

Could be a lot of things...

I could broaden the subject matter of my site, but I have no help and limited time to put into the site.

One thing I did do a few years ago was that I made (another) con site of Maddox, as I mentioned about, called it The 4th Best Page in the Universe, very creative I know. I googled The 2nd, the 3rd and so on, I really didn't find anything about the 4th Best page, so I went with it. I'll upload here in probably about an hour or so and let those who wish to read it, read it. If people read it and think it's "real" good material, I might add it back in and continue to make articles on it, otherwise, I'm just left with one less idea of what to do, because yeah, these stats aren't good.
Number of posts: 11 Posts per day: 0.61
Number of topics: 10 Topics per day: 0.56
Number of users: 2 Users per day: 0.11
Board started: 15 Jan 2008 12:05 am Avatar directory size: 8.17 KB
Database size: 154.11 KB Gzip compression: OFF
Layzie Bone

Should be up now.

You can read it, if you like, and if you do, feedback would be cool, some of the stuff was written almost 3 years ago, and i always say there's a big jump from 18 to 21...cause there is....

http://www.winrejects.net/layzie
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I kind of like the green color scheme, and I like that it scales well to different screen sizes.

Good luck with your site.
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

tried to get in got this
Could not connect to smtp host : 110 : Connection timed out

DEBUG MODE

Line : 112
File : smtp.php
tried again it said user name/pass already used
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

tunebud wrote:tried to get in got this

DEBUG MODE

That's kind of weird. Usually port 110 is reserved for pop. Smtp would be on 25, unless there's some real craziness going on.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you are using SMTP as your preferred mail protocol, you could try changing it to PHP mail. PHP mail works fine for small loads, and might even be a little bit quicker as well. Also, it looks like there are a few spambots - have you enabled the visual confirmation?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone

battye wrote:If you are using SMTP as your preferred mail protocol, you could try changing it to PHP mail. PHP mail works fine for small loads, and might even be a little bit quicker as well. Also, it looks like there are a few spambots - have you enabled the visual confirmation?
Yeah I may do that, it didn't occur to me right off the bat that gmail uses SSL for starters, and the POP port isnt 110, it's 465 on gmail.
tunebud wrote:tried to get in got this

DEBUG MODE

Coinsidince? I looked and in the members list there is "TuNebuD", I didn't think it was yours. It appears that the spambots are getting around the verification code....
nesman wrote:I kind of like the green color scheme, and I like that it scales well to different screen sizes.

Good luck with your site.
I'm redoing the site with dreamweaver, versus Front Page. I'm finding it much eaiser to design with.