new question

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I was looking for something that prevent to come back to the main page when a user open the test.
I explane...(maybe try :P)
I'm doing a tournament on my forum..I see that someone click on the quiz page, read the questions, then click on BACK button on the browser...search answers on google, then come back to the quiz and make 10/10....

So... Is there something to BLOCK this? Maybe with a password to enter that recognize the users.... i don't know... battye help me :D :D :D
ImageImage Wine is an enemy of the man... Who escapes in front of the enemy is an ignoble man!!! ImageImage
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think it might be impossible to do with PHP (perhaps you can with Javascript, I'm not sure), because even if you had something like a password - the user can enter it, click back, Google the answers, and click Forward again to get the cached version of the page back.

The best solution I think, is to apply that code change I gave you before regarding the time limits, and set the play once option to enabled. Have you tried that?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

yeah...i try with time and play once but one or two users sure click on back browser button!!! :(

and is there something to permit to admin to see each answer in the quiz did by the users?
ImageImage Wine is an enemy of the man... Who escapes in front of the enemy is an ignoble man!!! ImageImage
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

kikkotm wrote:1) yeah...i try with time and play once but one or two users sure click on back browser button!!! :(

2) and is there something to permit to admin to see each answer in the quiz did by the users?
1) I'm stumped for ideas. Due to the nature of PHP I don't think there is any way around it. The one thing I can think of is that in the database, the first time the user goes on to the page, it is recorded, and the time they submit their answers is recorded. If it exceeds the time limit then don't allow the answers. Do you think this could work?

2) Unfortunately not from memory. I could be wrong, as I haven't looked at the database schema for this MOD in a long time, but I think it only records the number of correct and incorrect answers.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

1) I've insert a system that SEND automatically the answeres when the time limit exceeds..but in this mode I only solve the problem about time limit...I want to try to block who come back... Something to CHECK that they open the page two times...
2) ok ;) it's the same
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I had an idea... but i need your help to create it.

I can put, before the quiz page (../quiz.php?mode=play&q=X), a page with an email form. In this case, all the users must write their nickname and a password, and click on SEND.
The nick and the password will be send on my email box, so I can see the exactly hour when an user open the quiz.

Now, I've two little problems...
1. How I can insert this special page before the quiz?
2. Is there a mod that insert on db the exactly time when a user open or submit the quiz?

I hope u understand and I hope u can help me :D
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay, so you want an email to be sent to you when a user first views a quiz, and another email sent for when they finish it - you can then look at the time, and then you can decide whether the user has cheated or not?

Is this right?

kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

it's a possible idea!! RIGHT!!!!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, that can be done.

Which email address do you want it to be sent to?
You can PM it to me if you want. You might want to set up a new email address for this reason only.

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay, I have sent you a PM :D