Only quiz moderators can submit quizzes

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

robdec
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Let me start off by saying thanks for such a great mod. I installed this a few days ago and everything works great except one part. No matter who I add to the Quiz Moderator list they can not create quizes. Only site admins can. Am I doing something wrong? I checked the database and the names are in the Quiz moderator table.
kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

you're right...i've the same problem
ImageImage Wine is an enemy of the man... Who escapes in front of the enemy is an ignoble man!!! ImageImage
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
robdec
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Does anyone know of a solution for this. I have searched but didnt see anyone else report it.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you entering user id's? Sounds like you might be entering their usernames.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

battye wrote:Are you entering user id's? Sounds like you might be entering their usernames.

yeah...i wrote USER1,USER2,USER3...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, that's the problem. Enter their user id numbers. Like: 4,76,21,53,11,100,21 .... etc
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

ooooooh ok... perfect... ;)
ImageImage Wine is an enemy of the man... Who escapes in front of the enemy is an ignoble man!!! ImageImage
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
robdec
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

That fixed it thanks
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fantastic :)

kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I tried to ban some users to not partecipate to quizzes but it doesn't work.
I insert user's id like 40,34,45..but :(
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

kikkotm wrote:I tried to ban some users to not partecipate to quizzes but it doesn't work.
I insert user's id like 40,34,45..but :(
If you try putting your own user ID in there, what happens when you try to access quizzes?

kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I tried with an user ID (i was going on phpbb database to search the exactly id)
I write 40 (the number), I tried to acced with the User Numbero 40, but I could do the test. :(
I tried also with 39 (the number on the forum list) but the result was the same!!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try this.

Open functions_quiz.php and FIND:

Code: Select all

function quiz_permissions()
{
global $board_config, $lang, $userdata;

if($board_config['Quiz_Register_Play'] == ON) // If this is OFF, basically it means Guests can play quizzes.
	{
		if(!$userdata['session_logged_in'])
		{
			return message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Quiz_must_be_registered']);
		}
	}

if($board_config['Quiz_Post_Count_Play'] == ON)
	{
		if($userdata['user_posts'] < $board_config['Quiz_Post_Requirement'])
		{
			return message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, sprintf($lang['Quiz_post_requirement_not_met'], intval($board_config['Quiz_Post_Requirement'])));
		}
	}
}

REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

function quiz_permissions()
{
global $board_config, $lang, $userdata;

$users = explode(',', $board_config['Quiz_Banned']);

for( $o = 0; $o < count($users); $o++ )
	{
		if( intval($userdata['user_id']) == intval($users[$o]) )
		{
			message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, "You cannot play quizzes");
		}
	}

if($board_config['Quiz_Register_Play'] == ON) // If this is OFF, basically it means Guests can play quizzes.
	{
		if(!$userdata['session_logged_in'])
		{
			return message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Quiz_must_be_registered']);
		}
	}

if($board_config['Quiz_Post_Count_Play'] == ON)
	{
		if($userdata['user_posts'] < $board_config['Quiz_Post_Requirement'])
		{
			return message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, sprintf($lang['Quiz_post_requirement_not_met'], intval($board_config['Quiz_Post_Requirement'])));
		}
	}
}
Does that fix it? :)

kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

U ARE THE BEST!!! :D :D :D
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image