2 answers showing up wrong

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

kking183
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

2 answers are showing up wrong in one of my quizs
here are the results
USER ANSWER: paula abdul || ACTUAL ANSWER: paula abdul
USER ANSWER: sting || ACTUAL ANSWER: sting
USER ANSWER: michael jackson || ACTUAL ANSWER: michael jackson
USER ANSWER: craig mclachlan || ACTUAL ANSWER: craig mclachlan
USER ANSWER: tammy wynette || ACTUAL ANSWER: tammy wynette
USER ANSWER: pink || ACTUAL ANSWER: pink
USER ANSWER: hot chocolate || ACTUAL ANSWER: hot chocolate
USER ANSWER: harry webb || ACTUAL ANSWER: harry webb
USER ANSWER: dr jones || ACTUAL ANSWER: dr jones
USER ANSWER: sweet child o mine || ACTUAL ANSWER: sweet child o mine
Quiz Results
Which popstar was actor Emilio Estevez formerly married to? Your answer was paula abdul, the correct answer was Paula Abdul
Who was the lead singer in The Police? Your answer was sting, the correct answer was Sting
Which solo artist had the second and third best-selling albums of the 1980s in the UK? Your answer was michael jackson, the correct answer was Michael Jackson
Which actor had a top ten hit called `Mona` in 1990? Your answer was craig mclachlan, the correct answer was Craig McLachlan
Who was known as the `First Lady of Country Music`? Your answer was tammy wynette, the correct answer was Tammy Wynette
Who released her debut album `Can`t Take Me Home` in 2000? Your answer was pink, the correct answer was Pink
Which band`s first top ten single was `Love Is Life` in 1970? Your answer was hot chocolate, the correct answer was Hot Chocolate
What is Cliff Richard`s real name? Your answer was harry webb, the correct answer was Harry Webb
The Scandanavian pop group Aqua had a hit single about which doctor? Your answer was dr jones , the correct answer was Dr Jones
Which Guns N Roses song did the band Texas cover in 1992? Your answer was sweet child o mine, the correct answer was Sweet Child O Mine
Correct Answers: 8 Incorrect Answers: 2
80%
You took 1 minutes, 2 seconds

Click Here to return to the Index
Click Here to return to the Quiz Page
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

No spaces or other characters were submitted as well by accident?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
kking183
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

no i had he bug reported to me and tested it myself
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I see you have used the code from http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?p=77102#77102 again. Thanks, that helps :)

http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?p=77102#77102

Instead of

Code: Select all

$message_d = 'USER ANSWER: ' . strtolower($user_answer) . ' || ACTUAL ANSWER: ' . strtolower($actual_answer) . '<br />';
echo @$message_d;
Could you please put

Code: Select all

$message_d = 'USER ANSWER: ' . strtolower($user_answer) . ' || ACTUAL ANSWER: ' . strtolower($actual_answer);
$message_d .= (strtolower($user_answer) == strtolower($actual_answer)) ? ' Y<br />' : '<br />';
echo @$message_d;
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
kking183
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

SER ANSWER: paula abdul || ACTUAL ANSWER: paula abdul Y
USER ANSWER: sting || ACTUAL ANSWER: sting Y
USER ANSWER: michael jackson || ACTUAL ANSWER: michael jackson Y
USER ANSWER: craig mclachlan || ACTUAL ANSWER: craig mclachlan Y
USER ANSWER: tammy wynette || ACTUAL ANSWER: tammy wynette Y
USER ANSWER: pink || ACTUAL ANSWER: pink Y
USER ANSWER: hot chocolate || ACTUAL ANSWER: hot chocolate Y
USER ANSWER: harry webb || ACTUAL ANSWER: harry webb Y
USER ANSWER: dr jones || ACTUAL ANSWER: dr jones Y
USER ANSWER: sweet child o mine || ACTUAL ANSWER: sweet child o mine Y
Quiz Results
Which popstar was actor Emilio Estevez formerly married to? Your answer was paula abdul, the correct answer was Paula Abdul
Who was the lead singer in The Police? Your answer was sting, the correct answer was Sting
Which solo artist had the second and third best-selling albums of the 1980s in the UK? Your answer was michael jackson, the correct answer was Michael Jackson
Which actor had a top ten hit called `Mona` in 1990? Your answer was craig mclachlan, the correct answer was Craig McLachlan
Who was known as the `First Lady of Country Music`? Your answer was tammy wynette, the correct answer was Tammy Wynette
Who released her debut album `Can`t Take Me Home` in 2000? Your answer was pink, the correct answer was Pink
Which band`s first top ten single was `Love Is Life` in 1970? Your answer was hot chocolate, the correct answer was Hot Chocolate
What is Cliff Richard`s real name? Your answer was harry webb, the correct answer was Harry Webb
The Scandanavian pop group Aqua had a hit single about which doctor? Your answer was dr jones, the correct answer was Dr Jones
Which Guns N Roses song did the band Texas cover in 1992? Your answer was sweet child o mine, the correct answer was Sweet Child O Mine
Correct Answers: 10 Incorrect Answers: 0
100%
You took 1 minutes, 23 seconds

Click Here to return to the Index
Click Here to return to the Quiz Page
all answers are showing correct now but for some reason the quiz questions have changed order lol
kking183
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Which Guns N Roses song did the band Texas cover in 1992?
The Scandanavian pop group Aqua had a hit single about which doctor?
What is Cliff Richard`s real name?
Which band`s first top ten single was `Love Is Life` in 1970?
Who released her debut album `Can`t Take Me Home` in 2000?
Which actor had a top ten hit called `Mona` in 1990?
Who was known as the `First Lady of Country Music`?
Which solo artist had the second and third best-selling albums of the 1980s in the UK?
Who was the lead singer in The Police?
Which popstar was actor Emilio Estevez formerly married to?
thats the order it is showing on the question
page but it should be in the order that it is on the answers page
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is it working correctly now as far as correct answers?

Regarding the order, IIRC it is randomized purposely.

kking183
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

yes it is just strange it went wrong
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, I'm thinking you are probably just hitting the space bar or something when submitting though. That can cause it to show as incorrect from memory.

By the way, what do you think of the new look http://www.cmxmods.net ?