Warning messages

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

m8trix
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I just installed you quiz game and I am getting these warning messages at the ACP/ Quiz

Warning: file() [function.file]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_quiz.php on line 400

Warning: file(http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz_latest.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_quiz.php on line 400

and on the quiz packs

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_quiz_packs.php on line 97

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/admi ... _Trivia.qp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_quiz_packs.php on line 97

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_quiz_packs.php on line 97

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/admi ... _Trivia.qp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_quiz_packs.php on line 97

and

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_quiz_packs.php on line 157

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/admi ... _Trivia.qp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_quiz_packs.php on line 157

since I am novice at this I am trying to make heads or tail of these warnings. Can you help.

Much thanks in adavance for any help.
m8trix
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I am also getting this error and warning message when I attempted to make my test quiz and ran it

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to access ./includes/functions_cash.php in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/quiz.php on line 952

Warning: include(./includes/functions_cash.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/quiz.php on line 952

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to access ./includes/functions_cash.php in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/quiz.php on line 952

Warning: include(./includes/functions_cash.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/quiz.php on line 952

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/functions_cash.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /misc/20/261/195/384/9/user/web/m8trixnation.com/phpBB2/quiz.php on line 952

The Nations Forum Forum Index
General Error

Unable to execute cash name query

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table '2611953849.CASH_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT cash_name FROM CASH_TABLE WHERE cash_dbfield = 'user_points'

Line : 959
File : quiz.php
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

It looks like something in the configuration on your host's server.
Warning: file() [function.file]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration
This error says that your version of php isn't allowed to open a remote file like this. That's why the next error happens.
Warning: file(http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz_latest.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found
Php.net suggests that this can only be disabled by your host unless you can change your php.ini. Otherwise, I'd have suggested to adjust your .htaccess.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.filesy ... -url-fopen
m8trix
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks for that. I really appreciate the info.
Noneya Beeswax
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I just installed the quiz, and have an error message.

Query 17 did not execute correctly

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Cash_Currency'' at line 1

UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Cash_Currency'

Line : 84
File : admin_quiz.php

For note: I don't have the Cash MOD installed, and don't particularly want to. I have have not enabled the cash since is isn't used.
Noneya Beeswax
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I also have an error message at the top of the header on the "Veiwers online"

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/chopp/public_html/viewonline.php:2) in /home/chopp/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 533

( header ('Cache-Control: private, pre-check=0, post-check=0, max-age=0');) is that line

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/chopp/public_html/viewonline.php:2) in /home/chopp/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 535

(header ('Expires: 0'); ) is that line

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/chopp/public_html/viewonline.php:2) in /home/chopp/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 536

(is that line of code)
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Well, if you comment out that line the error will go away, but I can't promise you won't see new errors from it. :) I'll have to defer to Battye on this one.