Download Older version?

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

nic
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi! I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can download the Ultimiate Quiz Mod version 0.6.1? I checked out phpbb, but none of the downloads are working there!

I want to install the quiz mod on my forum which uses CH...

Thanks in advance!
Nicole
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi :)

You don't want 0.6.1, that is so old and out of date it's not funny. (~3 years give or take)

Download v1.3, it is the newest, and the best. It can be obtained from http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz.php

There is no reason why it shouldn't work with CH installed, but if you run into any problems let me know.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
nic
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I downloaded that version a few days ago, but there were a few lines of code that I wasn't able to find - I'm not anywhere near skilled enough to figure out how to make it work on my own! But I read somewhere that that older version was compatible with CH - so decided to take the safer route!

There were only two places that I had trouble finding the code, and both had to do with case PAGE_FAQ.... Below are the two sections that I wasn't able to find. I am using CH 2.1.6 on PHPBB 2.0.22

I could not find the following code in admin\index.php

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]-----------------------------
#

case PAGE_FAQ:
					$location = $lang['Viewing_FAQ'];
					$location_url = "index.$phpEx?pane=right";
					break;

#

I could not find the following code in viewonline.php

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]-----------------------------
#

case PAGE_FAQ:
					$location = $lang['Viewing_FAQ'];
					$location_url = "faq.$phpEx";
					break;

#

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Those edits are not vital. All that does is add a "Viewing Quiz" line to the who is online area, to show when a user is viewing a quiz.

But this is not vital to the MOD's functionality, so you may leave that out :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
nic
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Well that is good news! I went ahead and changed/copied all of the files, I'm still getting an error though -- Did I mess up somewhere?

Could not obtain quiz category data
An Error Occurred

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error: 1146 Table 'cwdb.phpbb_quiz_categories' doesn't exist

Line : 1017
File : quiz.php
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like you didn't run quiz_install.php :)

nic
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

:oops: oops!

I ran the quiz install, and everything appeared to be working! I created 2 'test" quizzes, which seemed to go over well. But, as soon as I created a quiz, I didn't receive any confirmation - just a blank screen.

Also, when going back and attempting to take one of the quizzes, i'm getting a blank screen...

you can test it out on my forum if you'd like to have a look:

http://www.corpswives.com

Log-in: testing
Password: testing

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have all of the .tpl files been uploaded to the templates/*/ directory?

If so, what version of PHP (not the phpBB forum version) are you running? (if unsure, it's usually listed in cPanel)

nic
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I re-uploaded all of the files this morning -- no go :-(

i searched around in my ACP - I have no clue what version of php i'm using!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you have cPanel?
Usually this can be accessed by going to http://www.site.com/cpanel (replacing the "site.com" with your actual/real domain name)