For 5-6 choice?

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

fatihalp
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks for that good mod.

Mod is coming 4 choice in "Multiple Choice Quiz"
I want to give to user (or admin) 5 choice :oops:

Thanks!
fatihalp
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Nobody? :(
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Be patient, battye will get to you.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is a limit of only 4. It would require a lot of modifications to add any more. Sorry :(
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
fatihalp
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks for reply once. Can't we add 1 more choice? :cry:

I have tried but its getting error :(

Thanks...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm afraid not :(

It will require a lot of modifications to the code and database.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
xzc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

battye wrote:I'm afraid not :(

It will require a lot of modifications to the code and database.
Hello, battye. I do really like your mod, while I also encounter the same issue and I want to try do this myself. If so, could you pls tell the things I need to do from the high level perspective? Thanks a lot!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sure, stick around for a couple of minutes while I search through the code. :)

Welcome to the forum :)

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmm, looks like you left us... :shock:
I didn't take that long to reply...

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Code: Select all

$quiz_multiple_choice = array();
				$quiz_multiple_choice = explode("!*-.@.-*!", $quiz_data['quiz_alternates']);

$template->assign_vars( array(
				 "U_QUIZ_NAME" => $quiz_name,
				 "U_STATISTICS" => "<a href='" . append_sid("quiz_stats.$phpEx?" . POST_QUIZ_URL . "=$quiz_id") . "'>" . $lang['Quiz_stats'] . "</a>",

"F_FORM" => append_sid("quiz.$phpEx?mode=results"),
				 "F_ID" => $quiz_id,
				 "F_TYPE" => $quiz_type,
				 "F_TIME" => time(),

"L_MOD_LANGS" => $mod_langs,
				 "L_MULTIPLE_INFORMATION" => $lang['Quiz_multiple_information'], 
				 "L_SUBMIT" => $lang['Submit_quiz']));

$template->assign_block_vars("quiz_row", array(
				 "U_QUESTION_ID" => $quiz_question_id,
				 "U_QUESTION" => $quiz_question,

"Q_ALTERNATE_ONE" => $quiz_multiple_choice[0],
				 "Q_ALTERNATE_TWO" => $quiz_multiple_choice[1],
				 "Q_ALTERNATE_THREE" => $quiz_multiple_choice[2],
				 "Q_ALTERNATE_FOUR" => $quiz_multiple_choice[3]));

In this area of the code of quiz.php, you will need to add more Q_ALTERNATE_* strings. Just keep incrementing the number in the brackets [4], [5] etc

<tr>
			<td class="row1" rowspan="4" width="75%" align="center" valign="middle" height="100%">
				<span class="forumlink">
					{quiz_row.U_QUESTION}
				</span>
			</td>

In quiz_play_multiple_choice_body.tpl, you'll need to change that rowspan to however many multiple choices you want.

<tr>
			<td class="row2" width="25%" align="left" valign="middle" height="100%">
				<span class="gen">
					&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="radio" name="uqm{quiz_row.U_QUESTION_ID}" value="{quiz_row.Q_ALTERNATE_TWO}" /> {quiz_row.Q_ALTERNATE_TWO}
				</span>
			</td>
		</tr>

You'll also need more of those blocks, changing the Q_ALTERNATE_* values each time.

Back in quiz.php, find this:

$question_sql = "INSERT INTO " . QUIZ_MULTIPLE_CHOICE_TABLE . " 
				(quiz_id, question_id, quiz_question, quiz_alternates, quiz_answer) 	
				VALUES ( " . next_quiz_id() . ", " . ($i + 1) . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", bbencode_first_pass(htmlspecialchars($HTTP_POST_VARS["Question_$i"]), '')) . "',
				'" . str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($HTTP_POST_VARS["Alternate1_$i"])) . "!*-.@.-*!" . str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($HTTP_POST_VARS["Alternate2_$i"])) . "!*-.@.-*!" . str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($HTTP_POST_VARS["Alternate3_$i"])) . "!*-.@.-*!" . str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($HTTP_POST_VARS["Alternate4_$i"])) . "', 
				'" . htmlspecialchars($answer[$i]) . "')";

You will need to add more of the _POST var values there. You'll also need to add more fields to the quiz_add_multiple_choice_body.tpl file, but that is reasonably straight forward so I won't go into that.

There may or may not be other things you have to do, but hopefully that gets you on the right track.

xzc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thanks for your so quick reply!!
So, it seems no need to change any part of the database or table structure, right? Good design!!
Thanks again, once I finished, I will report back to the forum.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

xzc wrote:Thanks for your so quick reply!!
So, it seems no need to change any part of the database or table structure, right? Good design!!
Thanks again, once I finished, I will report back to the forum.
It seems that no database alterations need to be made after all, which is good :)