Profit isn't working

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

NFM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I just installed version 1.3.3 on my PHP 2.0.21 forum and I can adjust the tax, and the amount lost per incorrect answer, but whenever I choose a number for profit it comes up as 0.

Also, I installed the "quiz pack" that came with the mod and I can't see the quiz anywhere.
NFM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Quick update to this...

I've also noticed that it won't let me select (Yes) to "Users can only play each quiz once"....honestly, it doesn't let me select either as the radio button doesn't show up until I click it, and then when I click submit it disappears again.
NFM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I think it's an SQL error...where can I find the SQL queries for this mod?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, I missed this thread :oops:

The SQL queries can be found in quiz_install.php
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
NFM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Okay, I feel stupid...I know the SQL is written in PHP in that file...but I don't know how to type it out properly for PHPMyAdmin. I need to drop and recreate the tables that have to do with those two problems...I think that will fix it. The one for the profit, loss, and tax...and the one for the "Play Once" Any way you can show me what I need?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's the early hours of the morning for me, so I will have a look through the file and paste the SQL queries here for you tomorrow :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
NFM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thank you....I'm at work anyway...makes it easier for me too.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('Quiz_Play_Once', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('Quiz_Cash_Incorrect', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('Quiz_Cash_Correct', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('Quiz_Cash_Tax', '2');

NFM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I tried running those and got this error

Error in SQL query INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('Quiz_Play_Once', '1');
Click here to return to phpBBMyAdmin board.
Click here to return to Admin Control Panel board.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry 'Quiz_Play_Once' for key 1

And I still get "0" for profit when you look at the Quiz.php page on my forums. So it's still not letting me enter in a profit per correct answer.