SQL install help

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

carolan78
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello apologies in advance as I am a sql begginer. I have tried installing the quiz mod 1.3 using easymod. Had no problems with that but I can't install the sql file I am trying to install it via phpadmin and I get the following erro any help would be apprieciated cos I have searched the web for about 4 hours now and its all gone totally over my head.

Code: Select all

Error
SQL query: 

define(

'IN_PHPBB', true
);

MySQL said:  

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'define('IN_PHPBB', true)' at line 1
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

You are supposed to run quiz_install.php in your browser, not in phpMyAdmin.

Basically, this is because most of that file is PHP code

ie.

define(

'IN_PHPBB', true
); 
That is PHP, not SQL. :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
carolan78
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello I tried doing that first but it just opened to this

Warning: main(./extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/babyvill/public_html/LuciesForum/admin/mods/Ultimate_Quiz_MOD_v133/install/quiz_install.php on line 26

Warning: main(./extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/babyvill/public_html/LuciesForum/admin/mods/Ultimate_Quiz_MOD_v133/install/quiz_install.php on line 26

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening './extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/babyvill/public_html/LuciesForum/admin/mods/Ultimate_Quiz_MOD_v133/install/quiz_install.php on line 26

Warning: main(./common.) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/babyvill/public_html/LuciesForum/admin/mods/Ultimate_Quiz_MOD_v133/install/quiz_install.php on line 27

Warning: main(./common.) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/babyvill/public_html/LuciesForum/admin/mods/Ultimate_Quiz_MOD_v133/install/quiz_install.php on line 27

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening './common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/babyvill/public_html/LuciesForum/admin/mods/Ultimate_Quiz_MOD_v133/install/quiz_install.php on line 27

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/babyvill/public_html/LuciesForum/admin/mods/Ultimate_Quiz_MOD_v133/install/quiz_install.php on line 29
I have this on a test forum going to uninstall and try again.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Run the file from the root (the area with posting.php, index.php, viewtopic.php etc), not in all of those subfolders :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)