Having touble using the quiz packs

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

madmaveric
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi,

When I click on a quiz pack in the admin menu I just get a blank scren back. This is the first quiz pack install I've tried.

Can someone tell me how to add a quiz pack into a forum as I must be doing something wrong somewhere :(

thanks in advance.
madmaveric
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I should also ask just what is the quizbot field for? It says the name that the quiz packs were submitted under, does that mean the name that appears in the quizpack list (minus the extension) or something else.

sorry for all the questions but the mod looks really good and I'd like to get it up and running on my server.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Which version of PHP do you use?

The quizbot is essentially the "author" of the quizzes. For example, on the quiz list, the author will be listed as whatever the quizbot is set to, if the quiz was made in a quiz pack.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
madmaveric
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

sorted it now, I suprised myself. littered the code with print statements and eventually found there were two problems

1) the get_file_contents function was returning a path that was wrong or permissiosn were not allowing it to get there.
2) half of the files had the wrong permissions on them.

Once I sorted out the files permissions, and then changed the path (removed everything up to the admin part so it was now a relative path) it all worked great :)
madmaveric
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks for the info onthe quiz bot field.

Just took my first quiz ... I didn't do very well :lol:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad the MOD is working alright for you now, as for the quiz, good luck next time :lol:

Hope to see you around the forum mate :)

Have a good day.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)