Authorization Required

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

drakky
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I cannot view the quiz packs in the acp, this is the error i get , any ideas please?

Warning: file_get_contents(correct address is here/phpBB2/admin/quiz_packs/QP_England_1066.qp): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required in correct address is here/phpBB2/admin/admin_quiz_packs.php on line 97

what authorization is required? do you think it's a server problem?

the filenames appear correctly it just won't open them
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I haven't installed one of these, but I wouldn't think it should make a HTTP request for a local file. In the mean time, try to open yourdomain.com/phpBB2/admin/quiz_packs/QP_England_1066.qp in your browser and see if it asks for password. If it does, fix that.

Battye?
drakky
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

nesman wrote:I haven't installed one of these, but I wouldn't think it should make a HTTP request for a local file. In the mean time, try to open yourdomain.com/phpBB2/admin/quiz_packs/QP_England_1066.qp in your browser and see if it asks for password. If it does, fix that.

Battye?
yes it does ask for a password, i'm not sure how to fix it though, any ideas? I got a feeling it has to do with the security mod
drakky
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I have edited admin_quiz_packs.php

line 97

$file = file_get_contents( 'http://' . $board_config['server_name'] . $board_config['script_path'] . 'quiz_packs/' . $file );

line 123

if ( $handle = opendir($phpbb_root_path. 'quiz_packs') )

line 154

$path_to_file = 'http://' . $board_config['server_name'] . $board_config['script_path'] . 'quiz_packs/' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename'];

to take it out of the admin folder ie now the quiz_packs folder is in the forum root directory , it doesn't error anymore and it says the packs are installed correctly but when i go to the quiz page on the site the quizes are not there
drakky
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

ok I found the quizzes via the Quiz statistics page and moved them to categories, is this the normal way of using it? can't this be done in the acp, ( they now show in the acp once moved into categories but before that they were not there)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

If it's asking for a password, it will be either an .htaccess file interfering, or another MOD, in which case the Quiz MOD isn't performing like it should be.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)