Shoutbox v0.1.3 / phpbb v2.0.20

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

VikingWarrior
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Where to look for enlarging the input field for the shoutbox.

Have tried to modify index_body.tpl the following way:
<form action="{F_FORM}" method="post">
<td class="row3" colspan="2" align="center" width="100%">
<span class="gensmall">
<input class="post" type="text" name="shout" length="50" maxlength="255" /> <input type="submit" name="submit" class="mainoption" value="{L_SUBMIT}" />
</span>
</td>
into
<span class="gensmall">
<input class="post" type="text" name="shout" length="150" maxlength="255" /> <input type="submit" name="submit" class="mainoption" value="{L_SUBMIT}" />
</span>
</td>
But this doesn't work.

Any hints?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Enlarging as in left to right, or the height?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
VikingWarrior
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Want to enlarge it as in left to right.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Changing length to 150 should do that. Did you clear the browsers memory of the page (Ctrl+F5)? Sometimes I find this is the problem when MODding
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
VikingWarrior
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Yes, have tested it with cleared memory.
INDEX_BODY.TPL
<span class="gensmall">
<input class="post" type="text" name="shout" length="150" maxlength="255" /> <input type="submit" name="submit" class="mainoption" value="{L_SUBMIT}" />
</span>
</td>
</form>
-> Remark: I have removed the "Refresh-Button" by deleting <input type="submit" name="submit" value="{F_REFRESH}". Because if pressing the refresh-button only a blank line was inserted in the shoutbox.
SHOUTBOX_BODY.TPL
<span class="gensmall">
{L_MAKE_A_SHOUT}&nbsp;<input class="post" type="text" name="shout" length=="150" maxlength="255" /> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="{L_SUBMIT}" /> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="{F_REFRESH}" />
</span>
</td>
</form>
</tr>
Have changed it in index_body.tpl and in shoutbox_body.tpl.
Does take no effect.

Another question. Why is the look of the shoutbox defined in index_body .tpl AND shoutbox_body.tpl? It seems, that only index_body.tpl is responsible for displaying the shoutbox. (For removing the REFRESH-BUTTON it was enough to remove the definition in the index_body.tpl.)

Thank you for your help.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can I please have a link to your forum?

Also, the shoutbox_body.tpl file is for shoutbox.php.

If you go click the word Shoutbox above the shoutbox on the index, it should take you to shoutbox.php (or you can just type it in after your domain/forum directory path in the address bar.)

VikingWarrior
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Here's the link to my forum: http://www.rebel66.de/airaxes/forum/index.php
If you go click the word Shoutbox above the shoutbox on the index, it should take you to shoutbox.php
Ooops! This feature is new for me - Great! I tought, that only 7 lines were displayed - without a history.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stupid me. I included length= in the HTML.

Replace that with size="x" (with x being your desired length).

:oops:

VikingWarrior
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Ok, all works fine now. Thank you for your help.
A very nice add-on for the forum....